Love my Bug
By be on
2001 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I adore my bug, buuuutt, it has had a few "bugs" of it's own. I have had 3 headlamps go (they are super hard & expensive to change out...even for mechanic). My window button broke with the window down of course. I took out my oil pan, which was my fault, but found out from mechanic they are "fragile" aluminum and low. Dealership service is way pricey (aren't they all?) My paint is chipping on the interior door panel. It has great pep even on long uphill (not your mama's bug!...I had one of those too.) Great air and heat system..not like old Bugs!! Lots of room...you could do ballroom dancing on the dash! Great safety features, bags on front & sides too, roll bar, drop away engine.
Favorite Features
It's got great pep...I'm so glad I didn't buy a turbo...not necessary. Fun to drive. (I have a manual, no automatic for me!) Vase holder is sweet. It's like owning a cute puppy, everyone wants to talk to you about your car. Will keep this car til it drops, and then use it as a lawn ornament! :-
Suggested Improvements
The sun visor is a joke, as are the useless cup holders. The trunk holds very little. The turning radius is sad. The seatbelt chokes you if you're average and there isn't an adjustment. Headlamps need to be better and accessible. Replacement keys and maintenance shouldn't need financing contract