2001 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Cute, but Not Worth It

2001 Volkswagen New Beetle - Consumer Review

GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Cute, but Not Worth It
By Scarlet on

2001 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My car is adorable and I love the way it looks. Unfortunately, I've had quite a few problems with it. The O2 sensor has gone 4 times in 3 years, the electric window motor has broken twice causing the window to not roll up, the button that opens the gas tank from inside broke making it unable to get gas (and I was on E), and now I am taking it in as we speak to replace the catalytic converter. Also, the cup holders obviously stink and I agree with a review I read that said the grill is too low to the ground. Mine ripped off from a parking space. Also, it is HORRIBLE in the snow. I've spun out twice. It doesn't have great pick up either. Such a cute car should not cause so much stress!

Favorite Features

Of couse I love the way it looks. It's fun to drive because of how cute it is. The seat warmers are cool and there is tons of head and leg room for my 6'5" stepdad.

Suggested Improvements

How about working on the little parts like the electric windows, gas tank button, and front grill. My gear shift stuck in park during my E-check!