2001 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - 2001 Volkswagon Beetle

2001 Volkswagen New Beetle - Consumer Review

GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

2001 Volkswagon Beetle
By Jen on

2001 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've only been driving this vehicle for a couple of weeks. I bought it because of rising fuel costs and I thought I could save some money with this car. I can't complain about. What used to cost me $400 a month in gas is now costing me not even $200! Unfortunately what you save in gas will cost you at the mechanic. This car is EXPENSIVE to work on. As far as interior? Forget it! Chipping door handles, broken sideview mirror knob, broken, good for nothing cup holders, broken arm rest, cheap material easily stained seats, I could go on and on. In fact, just this morning, I went to start my car and the key broke off in the ignition! 2 weeks of driving this car and I'm ready to sell it!

Favorite Features

Fun to drive car, moon roof is great. Amazing gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

better paint, more comfortable seats, practical (and sturdy) cup holders, knobs that don't fall off, arms rests that you can actually rest your arm on, no more of those "flip out" keys with the cheap metal that breaks off and leaves me stranded.