2000 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Review: The Worst VW I've EVER Owned!!

2000 Volkswagen New Beetle Diesel - Consumer Review

The Worst VW I've EVER Owned!!!
By lisa_tim on

2000 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS TDi 2dr Hatchback

This car has been a nightmare. First the sunroof made a buzzing noise, then the cable on the gas door broke. A wheel bearing went bad at 12,000 miles and another wheel bearing went bad at less than 18,000 miles. The rear brakes were completely gone around 18,000 miles, I had to replace both the pads and rotors.(The rear brakes definitely should not have been bad, the front brakes were like brand new). Obviously VW put cheap brakes and wheel bearings on this car. Don't buy this car or you will probably regret it as much as I do. The dealership was absolutely horrible to deal with. I've had less trouble with my used cars than I do with this one bought new.

The design of the car, the mileage you get with a diesel, the car handles great.

Don't put such cheap parts on the car, Cup holders, and definitely quality. More than a 2 year 24,000 mile warranty. Warranty definitley too short.