Seems like it's falling apart...=0(
By bridge89 on
2000 Volkswagen New Beetle GL 2dr Hatchback
I love my Beetle, HOWEVER little things keep breaking. Cosmeticly inside the plastic materials used were just cheap... the visor mirror cover broke off completely so now the visor light is always on, the hande to the glove box completely broke off, can not access glove box, pieces of plasitc from the drink holders have chipped out, even in the backseat which is rarely used. The CD player stopped working, the sensor inside the drivers side door is on the fritz, I have to unlock the car door, then press lock on the remote to lock the door. When it rains, the trunk will not shut, now the door on the gas tank wil not open, had to pry it.. my list goes on...
Favorite Features
I have always wanted a Beetle and love driving it, I have had very little mechanical issues, I do take care of my car but the little stuff going srong has turned me a bit sour. I was planning to keep it and give it to my daugher who turns 16 this year, but God forbid she be stranded somewhere because she couldn't fill up at the gas station becasue she couldn't get the tank open... Seems like too much trouble and too expensive to keep fixing the isses like the trunk latch, the tank latch, the stereo.. the door sensor alone was quoted around $500.00..
Suggested Improvements
Make a Beetle that I could put a reasonably sized baby stroller in. Not one DECENT umbrella stroller would even fit in the trunk, they were all too long by just a couple of inches unless I wanted to purchase the Walmart cheapie for 20 bucks. I actually had to put my stroller in my back-seat taking up space for another person.