2000 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Review: I Hate My Car

2000 Volkswagen New Beetle - Consumer Review

GL 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

I Hate My Car
By cd on

2000 Volkswagen New Beetle GL 2dr Hatchback

I will never buy another Volkswagen again. I can't wait to get rid of my lemon. It is one problem after another. Not just with the car, but with my Volkswagen dealership. I'm tired of taking my car back to get the same things fixed over and over. Not to mention the time the mechanic at the dealership told me my car was fine and let me drive away with an overheating car. The problems never end. In my 1998 Beetle, it was the air conditioning, which broke three years in a row. There were many other things wrong with that year, but I decided to give VW another chance and got a 2000 model. Stupid me, this car is a mess. My independant mechanic told me he wanted to shoot my car, I feel the same :(

Once upon a time I might have said my car looked cute.

My car keeps overheating, so maybe a radiator you can actually pour water into, instead of one you can't get to unless you take off the front bumper! Cupholders you can actually use...so many other things, I think this car needs to stop being made.