2000 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Review: Love My Bug

2000 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback - Consumer Review

Love My Bug
By brucebuggy on

2000 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Hatchback

I love my Volkswagen New Beetle, and I am thinking about buying a new one when I graduate from college this May. My parents and I bought the car used almost a year ago, and I have few complaints so far. I love the car's styling - very distinct and has a nice, techno feel. It offers a lot of luxuries that most cars in its class do not. Overall, it is pretty reliable, too. I have, however, had one very significant problem: my A/C system just failed, and it had to be replaced. I have an awesome independent mechanic, though, and he fixed it for about half of what the dealer quoted me.

--heated leather seats --great stereo and CD player --ABS has saved me many times on snow and ice --sunroof --one touch up/down windows are great --remote/switchblade key --overall aesthetic and design is great

Better service at VW dealers. Mine SUCKS! My 2.0L gas engine runs very well, but it is a bit sluggish compared to my Honda Civic. I think next time I will buy the Turbo Diesel or the 1.8T.