Great engine
By greg2877 on
2000 Volkswagen New Beetle GL 2dr Hatchback
I gave this little car 4 stars for the engine only. It is very sound and will last forever, if you keep up with the regular oil changes. I bough the car 2 years ago, and had to do zero repairs for the engine. The inside is a different story. The only thing solid for the car is the engine and the steering wheel. A lot of the inside is made of plastic and actually, under the hood, a little tongue comes out to open the hood, and that broke off, so now I have to magician my way to open it. It's tricky but can be done. The inside is breaking. The sunroof,door handles, locks, and glovebox. I would say, the inside would cost me around $1000 to get fixed. If I do the work myself.
Favorite Features
Love the engine. Solid if you change the oil and get a tune every now and then. If you run it into the ground, just like any car, you will have it towed 3 or 4 time and it will leave you stranded.
Suggested Improvements
Stop using cheap plastic. If the car runs really well, it makes no difference when a person tries to resell and the consumer sees the roof is falling doen and the plastic is all breaking. It bring the value and the company name way down, regardless of the engine quality.