2000 Volkswagen New Beetle Consumer Review: Don't buy me because I suck

2000 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback - Consumer Review

Don't buy me because I suck
By hatesthebug on

2000 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 2dr Hatchback

From this experience I will never buy another Volkswagen again, and that's sad because I own 3 older ones. Starting from the broken CD on through the broken sunroof, just about anything mechanical that can fall apart did. We have had our Beetle into the dealer 5 times for various issues which included a recalled oxygen sensor to sputtering performance. And ironically, everytime we took it in our moron mechanics failed to report it. I will never buy a car from Continental of Joplin again, and Volkswagen has lost my family's business forever for shoddy workmanship and terrible dealer service. I rate this car the worst ever purchased.

When it is shut off and parked in the driveway is my favorite feature. I get most of my enjoyment from driving my 88 Chrysler Fifth Avenue because the New Beetle is a piece of ....

Try building a car that will withstand normal driving conditions and maintanence. The only improvement I could give a shopper of this car is to move on down the road, because this car won't be taking you there.