2000 Volkswagen New Beetle GLS 1.8T Turbo 2dr Hatchback
1) Head rests don't come up far enough
for a tall person (I'm 6.2)
2) Sun shades should have sliding
attachments, also better "sunshade --
center mirror" shape interaction, so
that sun light doesn't get in through
so easily when sun at right front.
4) Should have more room for the right
5) Tighter suspension for the turbo
version (car wabbles easily when
stopped and a car passes next to you at
6) Wiper for the back window
7) "Check engine" light should provide
a number or letter code, so that owner
can look up what's wrong.
8) Should be a little more silent in
highway, there is quite some road noise
at high speed.
Spaciousness in the front (except for
the right knee), great headroom.
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.