Love it so far!
By Dangercart82 on
1999 Volkswagen New Beetle GL 2dr Hatchback
Just got my 1999- cyber green- 2.0 -5 speed with 82k miles. So far I love it! For a 10 year old car it looks outstanding, (Cyber green faded slightly but that is to be expected) It had one previous owner and was well maintained. I had to replace the timing belt right away because it had never been done and the motor for the window/lock on the drivers side was dead (also to be expected.) The ABS light is always on, not sure if that's a big deal or not yet the brakes seem to work fine. Other than all that she is perfect :)
Favorite Features
I love the cyber green, even slightly faded it looks great, turns heads. The 5-speed is peppy, lots of get up and go, engine is quiet as a mouse, VW factory sound system sounds great, surprisingly roomy interior, power everything is cool and I like how the trunk sounds like a space pod opening
Suggested Improvements
The cup holders! Who approved that? No one drinks cans in the car and thats all that will fit. Also the blind spot is much bigger than my old subcompact ford zx2 and kind of caught me offgaurd. An armrest or something between the driver and passenger seats would have been nice too.