Been 10 great years
By trazy on
1999 Volkswagen New Beetle GL 2dr Hatchback
I purchased mine back in 03' from a dealership with 35k miles. I just crossed the 110k mark. So far I've had nothing I'd consider a "major" problem. At 90k miles the water pump went out. I also replaced the tensioner and belt. Yesterday it started misfiring bad and learned the coil pack had gone bad. I also replaced the spark plugs and the wires while having that replaced. Aside from that just changing the oil, brake pads, filters...etc. Only needing 2 sub $500 repairs in 10 years of ownership. To me, that's great. Little things have broke though. Switches, trunk latch, knobs. But those are little DIY cheap repairs.
Favorite Features
Car handles exceptionally well which despite it not being that fast makes it's extremely fun to drive. It's a smaller car but the backseats laying down does wonders for storage space. I can lug around my full drum kit in it.
Suggested Improvements
I've never found the seats very comfortable for long commutes. Head rest is far back and can't ever lean your head against it. The front cup holders are directly under the center console with not much clearance space, so only shorter drinks can fit into them.