1999 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific New Beetle model:
Breakable
By SS on 01/14/06 23:18 PM (PST)

1999 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 1.8T Turbo 2dr Hatchback

I have had my 1999 Volkswagen Beetle for six years and I have had to replace a little bit of everything. Everything that can go wrong with a car has. It is fun to drive a Bug, but it has so many blind spots.

Heartbreaker
By RachieSLC on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 1.8T Turbo 2dr Hatchback

I was so excited when I bought my Beetle. I had wanted one since they came out in 1998. I had about a good 2 months until I realized the air conditioning didn't work, which was just the beginning of my repair woes. I have had my car in THREE times to have the air conditioner fixed along with the windows and window switches, the gas and trunk hatches, the temperature guage, and other problems. In the two years I owned this car, I took it to have it fixed TEN TIMES. My clutch went out and it cost $1400 to have it fixed. The week after that, my check engine light came on. I sold that lemon and bought a Civic Si.

LOVE MY BUG!!!
By VW LOVER on 06/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Volkswagen New Beetle Hatchback GLS 1.8T Turbo 2dr Hatchback

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE MY VW BEETLE....SURE, I'VE HAD A FEW PROBLEMS WITH IT, BUT WHO DOSEN'T HAVE ANY CAR PROBLEMS?? MY WINDOW BROKE BUT THEY REPLACED IT & ALSO WENT AHEAD & REPLACED MY OTHER ONE, BECAUSE THEY HAD A NEW, IMPROVED MOTOR FOR THE WINDOWS. I LOVE DRIVING DOWN THE ROAD & SEEING PEOPLE LOOK & SMILE AT ME!!! I WOULDN'T TRADE MINE FOR THE WORLD.