A Great Value
By tweetconn on
2014 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)
I have had my 2014 Jetta SE for just over 3300 miles now and like it a lot. My previous car was a 2001 Jetta GL with 2.0 engine and a 5 speed manual. There are many things to like with this car. My previous Jetta was very reliable and I put 169000 miles on it.
Favorite Features
The 1.8T engine is responsive and smooth. It has not used any oil during the break in process. My best mpg figure so far is 41.3 which I got taking my wife to the airport recently. I average 32-33 mpg to and from work. The 6 speed auto transmission keeps the rpm's low, unless you hit the gas peddle. Then it can really move! I like the simple exterior and interior. The dash is nicely organized and functional. As always with Volkswagens, the seats are firm but comfortable with lumbar support. This car, as my previous Jetta, has that solid Jetta road feel. The trunk is huge. Lots of interior leg room too. The build quality is great too. My dealer experience has been very good.
Suggested Improvements
I would have liked to see the prop rod for the hood disappear. My old Jetta had a pressurized snubber which is nicer. The trunk lid should have the pressurized cylinders too because the large hinge arms take away luggage space. A engine temperature gauge would be nice too.