2014 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews

2014 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

2014 Volkswagen Jetta 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
not as good as 14 years ago
By uttley on 11/18/14 16:37 PM (PST)

2014 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan w/Premium (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

We have a 2000 jetta tdi that we purchased new, and put over 400k on in the following 14 years...AWESOME car. This new jetta is a bit of a disappointment. It drives and performs fine, although the MPG isn't quite as good as with our previous car (bigger car and bigger engine though). My disappointments come from areas where they have cheapened the build. For example; our 2000 has hidden trunk hinges so you can utilize ALL the trunk space, the new one has big cheap hinge arms that rotate down into the trunk and prevent you from utilizing the entire space. 2000 jetta had a flip down sun visor above the rear view mirror, 2014 does not. 2000 has gas struts to hold up the engine hood,not on new

DO NOT BUY THIS PILE OF METAL JUNK!!!
By rachydcohen on 09/14/14 08:40 AM (PDT)

2014 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan w/Connectivity, Sunroof (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I bought my 2014 Jetta SE in April 2014, it's was first brought in to the service dept. only a couple months old for the Airbag light. It took the dealership two weeks to figure out the problem. I'm still concerned that if the car is in an accident that the airbag system will work. The next time I brought it in, was last week. I had been complaining that every so often the ABS, Traction Control and Check Engine light keep coming on. The idiots in the service dept told me to turn the car off and restart it. The second time this happened I called yelling and screaming and they finally told me to bring it in.

NICE car especially for the money.
By jamievidd on 08/11/14 14:18 PM (PDT)

2014 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan w/Connectivity (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

First off the review that says the seats are hard and uncomfortable.......either that's a fake review or the person is demented. A Corolla....really? The seats in Jetta are superb. Been on 3 hour drives and they are simply great and supportive. The extended and height adjustable armrest is a great idea too. The 1.8t is noticeably better in all aspects compared to the 2.5....smoother, faster, better mpgs. Car handles great, rides like a dream, and soaks up the bumps well. Averaging 25-27mpg in mixed driving. Got mine for about 3K under sticker so it was around 19K before tax. Drives like a much more expensive car.

A Great Value
By tweetconn on 06/11/14 23:00 PM (PDT)

2014 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I have had my 2014 Jetta SE for just over 3300 miles now and like it a lot. My previous car was a 2001 Jetta GL with 2.0 engine and a 5 speed manual. There are many things to like with this car. My previous Jetta was very reliable and I put 169000 miles on it.

Fatiguing to drive long distances
By gemigniani1 on 04/12/14 14:21 PM (PDT)

2014 Volkswagen Jetta S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Seats are and well shaped and comfortable for about 15 minutes, then you realize they are too hard and fatigue and soreness begins to set in. Road noise is prominent so between the noise and hard seats, the car is not one you look forward to driving long distances. The 2013 Corolla is considerably better for longer trips. I have not driven the resigned 2014 Corolla to see if it is still comfortable on long trips. Another undesirable feature of the Jetta is that the effort required to activate the power windows is very high. I've never experienced that in an American or Asian car.

Dont Buy It
By mrturner on 02/02/14 18:37 PM (PST)

2014 Volkswagen Jetta 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Since Edmunds site crashed and lost my last review this will be brief.

A Perfect Sedan For Most Consumers At A Very Good Price
By roadtester1 on 01/23/14 19:40 PM (PST)

2014 Volkswagen Jetta S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

To start with, and in full disclosure I rated my new 2014 Jetta S with the 6-speed automatic with many 5 stars as I feel the professional test drivers who put out review video's and write professional reviews for a living are not really representing the average American on what they are truly looking for in a car. Who really wants or needs a 300 horsepower four door sedan that does 0-60 in five seconds. Look to a Corvette for that. Who really wants and needs soft leather on the dash and full interior. Look to a Lexus for that. Volkswagen should not be overlooked for several reasons including build quality, safety, handling, and tons of interior room to name a few. Did I mention value.

2014 Jetta SE 1.8
By reminder on 12/29/13 19:10 PM (PST)

2014 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan w/Connectivity (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Picked up the car just before Thanksgiving. Covered 800 miles thus far. Handles well, but not a sports car. Has that 'tight' feeling of quality that German cars are often described as having. New turbo motor & the return of the independent rear suspension is the main reason I selected the Jetta over a '14 Mazda 6. The power of the new motor works well being mated to the auto trans. Engine is extremely smooth and revs freely. Transmission is quick to up-shift in pursuit of MPG's, but also downshifts quickly if you need to pick up the pace. Interior is clean with simple controls. Heated seats have been handy with the vinyl seats and the cold temps in my neck of the woods.

Test Drive Jetta SE with 1.8 TSI
By carbuilder1 on 11/27/13 11:16 AM (PST)

2014 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan w/Connectivity (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I leased my 2014 Jetta SE with Connectivity in November 2013. I was a long time Toyota Customer and was always happy. I was previously in a 2011 Toyota Camry, but wanted to reduce payment & insurance cost. I also wanted increase gas mileage without sac. room. Toy. gave a high lease price for 2014 Corolla.This caused me to look elsewhere.After test driving much of the compact segment,this Jetta Blew me away.I leased during the "sign then drive event" so I was able to get into to this vehicle which was a much higher equipped vehicle then all others I test drove.(IE.Cruze,Corolla.)For a lower lease price. The 170 HP TSI and 6 spd.Trans. are fantastic!Great Gas mileage 2.You'll Love it!-SE&above