Great Overall Fuel Saver!
By emotionalrat15 on
2013 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 4/13 (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
Bought this car in November of 2012 and optioned it with Bluetooth, RCD-510 Touch Screen radio and a sunroof. I love it! Its a great city car, however it needs to have lots of highway miles due to its DPF(Diesel Particulate Filter) not burning the soot properly in city conditions,so it clogs up. That was when my mom had it for a week when I was gone and when I stepped into it a warning light came on that it was clogged. I phoned VW and they said drive it on the highway for a few miles and the light will go out. And so it did. I get 46 mpg combined, its a blast to drive, but it needs a bout 20 more hp when merging at freeway speeds. But going slower, there is gobs of torque! I love it!
Favorite Features
Bluetooth, Sunroof, Touch Screen Radio, soft touch dashboard for lower diesel trims, I wish it did have it now since in winter I'm certain it will rattle more than my sisters 06 Jetta.
Suggested Improvements
Soft touch dash for all Diesel models and SE gas models, a bit more power(10-20) for highway merging, bit more headroom