2013 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: volkswagen tdi 10,000 miles an

2013 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

TDI Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Automated Manual)

volkswagen tdi 10,000 miles and going strong
By rp4042 on

2013 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I have put 10,000 + miles on my 2013 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel in about 9 months and the car is going strong, I have not had one single problem with this car, zero, zilch, nada . I have owned new Toyotas that were not this reliable in the first 10,000 miles. One reviewer stated that it was made in Mexico and was junk. Well the engine and transmission are made and assembled in Germany. The balance of the parts are made in Germany , Canada, and Mexico. It is assembled in Mexico. My point is that this is a car engineered in Germany and built to German standards. I have had no problems with paint, trim , or scuff marks not coming off plastic parts as some have stated.

I love that I have saved over $ 600.00 on fuel in nine months over what it would have cost for my previous gas engine model car. I love the looks of this car , the power ( 238 ft. lbs. of torque ) , the quiet diesel engine, the quiet ride, the good handling on winding roads, one touch window up and down.

Take the clock out of the information center after all the radio has one, and replace it with a permanent odometer reading, or place the odometer in the speedometer. Rearview mirror will not tilt down to adjust for drivers of different height, For a car that had a manufacturer suggested price of $25,500 + I feel the radio should include navigation and touch screen. I realize that this is a German car and therefore more expensive, but most Korean and Japanese cars have way more items as standard equipment.