VOLKSWAGEN JETTA TDI 52 mpg
By rp4042 on
2013 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
I bought this car on July 30 2013 and wish I had bought it sooner. I love this vehicle. the only gripe I have is the odometer is not constantly displayed in the speedometer, rather you have to page through a display screen to read it. Volkswagen claims 42mpg on the highway ' but I get 52 mpg with 60% highway and 40% city driving' as long as you keep the rpm's below 2,000 rpm's. this is with the automated manual transmission. my best for those conditions was 55.4 mpg. as far as some people saying the interior looks cheap I beg the differ it is not flashy like some other cars but certainly not cheap. this car is a joy to drive on winding roads.
Favorite Features
my favorite features are the excellent fuel mileage, the way it handles on winding roads. the quiet diesel engine ( that's right I said a quiet diesel ), the styling, the value for the money, the quiet ride, and the smooth ride it gives on rough gravel roads.
Suggested Improvements
the only one I have is to put the odometer inside the speedometer housing where it could be displayed constantly.
By rrocks
on 11/09/13 22:40 PM (PST)

Agree on the odometer!!