So far so good!
By coachbrain on
2013 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan w/Premium, Navigation, Prod. End 4/13 (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
Reluctantly traded in my Nissan Frontier for this car and had some buyer's remorse when I left the dealership. That has quickly changed when I got close to 600 miles on my first full tank. Everything I've read about the TDI indicates they get better mileage than what they're rated for by the EPA and this seems to be true. I had bought my truck to haul all my kid's sports equipment to and from games and practices before I took a new job that requires lots of travel. Ironically I traded a Jetta 2.5-S for the Frontier and now I find myself driving a Jetta again! This time around, the trunk is roomier than the previous one. I am able to fit a large softball equipment bad, a bucket of
Favorite Features
softballs, a bat bag, and a duffle bag with basketball equipment. This car is not only practical, but fun to drive. Turbo is definitely a good word, it has plenty of power to get up and go and the tiptronic shifting makes things a little more interesting for those who like to manual shift. Using this feature definitely helps to accelerate faster. For convenience, the blue tooth, navigation, and ipod integration features are easy enough to use that it doesn't feel distracting while driving. The touch screen is a nice feature as well. Not sure why, call me immature if you want, but my favorite feature in this car is the keyless push button start. Makes me feel like James Bond!!!!!!!!
Suggested Improvements
It seems to keep costs down, VW went with a cheap hard plastic interior on the front and rear dash as well as the door panels. This definitely does cheapen the looks of things a bit on the inside but not as bad, in my opinion, as some reviews would suggest. Another minor flaw for me is that when I'm trying to pump the heat to warm up the interior quickly, the fan is really loud when turned all the way up. All in it appears I'm going to be pleased with this car. I'll write again in a few months with a detailed update.