8 Month, 25,000 Mile Review
By bailey08 on
2013 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan w/Premium, Navigation (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
I traded my 2004 Infiniti for a new Jetta TDI 8 months ago and currently have 25k miles on it. I bought it because of the gas mileage since I commute/travel 3k miles a month. With that said, I average between 38-40 mpg on my commute to and from work. Volkswagen advertises that you can get 609 miles to one tank and that is an understatement. I made it home from NC to the NJ on one tank of gas: 625 miles. (avg speed 70 mph). The DSG transmission is a lot of fun to drive. It offers every-day "Drive" mode or the more exciting "S" mode or for maximum power, you can switch to manual mode. If you are looking for a daily driver/commuter car that offers much more, you should definitely consider.
Favorite Features
The keyless entry is great; to unlock the door you simply place your hand on the door handle and to lock the door you touch the outside of the handle. As I mentioned above, the MPG and DSG transmission really make this car great. The seats are firm yet comfortable and I recommend spending the extra money and getting the Premium Package; it offers much better interior quality and really feels high-end. Heated seats are always great and they work fast. The Fender audio system is very good and I also recommend upgrading however, it is not as good as the Bose system in my Infiniti. The Bluetooth is great and I use it every day. The CarGo system is also convenient in the trunk.
Suggested Improvements
While I don't regret getting the Navigation package, it does need some tweaking. It does not state how far until your next turn/exit until you are about a mile away; I think VW should take some tips from Garmin. The screen also needs to be bigger and higher up on the dash. The Premium Package should offer memory seating because it is very annoying to have to keep changing the seat back after my fiancée drives the car. VW needs to ditch the cheap A/C knobs in the Jetta.