Made in Mexico CRAP! Do not buy!!
By jreed10 on
2013 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan w/Premium, Navigation, Prod. End 4/13 (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
I purchased my Jetta TDI nearly 4 months ago (Jan. 21), and loved it at first, but it has rapidly begun to fall apart already. The navigation system is an utterly useless waste of money, the "premium" Fender sound system develops so many vibrations that one cannot even enjoy listening to music, and the door panels started rattling while driving, after less than 2 months of ownership, so I can't even enjoy driving the car anymore. It's a shame, because the fuel economy and powertrain are both fantastic, but overall, I would not recommend this car to my worst enemy. I have grown to hate it that much. VW won't even stand behind their product and make it right. Don't waste your money.
Favorite Features
Excellent fuel economy, handling, and powertrain. This car would be an absolute joy to drive, if it weren't for the cheap, assembled-in-Mexico build quality.
Suggested Improvements
Stop trying to "water down" the quality of your vehicles to compete with lower-level manufacturers. Your customers expect a higher level of quality from a German manufacturer. Also, when you mess up, stand behind your product, and don't expect the customer to pay out of pocket for diagnostics to see if your mistakes can be repaired under warranty. It just makes you look cold and uncaring, and pushes otherwise loyal customers away.
By sparkfire
on 06/09/13 17:47 PM (PDT)

I wish I had read your review before I purchased! Thanks for sharing, now I know it's not just me!