2013 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Great so far

2013 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

SEL Sedan (2.5L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual w/Navigation)

Great so far
By kristin124 on

2013 Volkswagen Jetta SEL 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I've only had my 2013 Jetta SEL for two months, but it's been pretty great so far. I like that it's got a sporty look inside and out, and I like the leather interior. The acceleration is pretty good for 170HP and the ride is smooth overall. My main complaints are some cheap aspects of the interior - for the price I paid and having the premium trim line, I can't believe it doesn't have power seat adjustment. Also, to tilt the chair back, you have to pump this plastic pedal up and down (tacky). Also, even when you move the front seats all the way back, there isn't enough leg room for tall people over 6 feet. Not much head room for tall people either. Could have designed that better!

Sleek looking interior, sporty look, decent acceleration, handles the road well, fun to drive, the blue tooth capability of synching your phone with the car.

Automatic/power seat adjustment. Allow the front seats to move back farther for tall people. More head room for tall people. Better mileage. The touch-screen radio looks cool but is kind of a pain to use and program.
By stevenomes
on 02/19/14 03:56 AM (PST)

Jetta is a smaller car so naturally it will have less headroom and passenger room than a larger car class. if you are looking for more comfort, probably should go with a car in the mid-size sedan class (passat, altima, fusion, camry etc). I believe, at least for small cars, jetta is very comparable or better with headroom than some of the other small cars (civic, corolla, sentra etc)

By davidms
on 03/10/15 09:43 AM (PDT)

Our 2013 Jetta SEL has electric seat adjustments for tilting the seat back and moving the seat forward and backward. The passenger seat has the pump handle you are talking about to raise and lower the seat from the floor. The driver's side seat is completely electric. We have had no complaints in that regard. We moved from a MB E350 to the VW Jetta. Better gas mileage and most of the same "luxuries" for a lot less money. The ride has been just as smooth although not as quiet. I guess that is to be expected since the car cost half as much. We love our Jetta so far (24,000 miles and 12 months of ownership).