Used 2013 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Not bad, not bad at all
By Chris

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Decent starter car for 21 yr old.

Piece of [non-permissible content removed]
By benji smith

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

In 2013 we bought the car brand new. At first we loved the car it got great gas millage, but 2 weeks after that it started jumping. I took it in and they looked at the transmission and the engine and said nothing was wrong. It keep doing it so i took it back they keep saying the same thing the techs said that nothing is wrong well eventually they replaced my crank shaft sensor "emission part" keep in mind mine is a gas car not diesel. It was still messed up so i took it back ant they had to fix my ECM "emission part" and now it is in the shop getting the engine wiring harness replaced "emission part". I think that vw screwed up on all of the emissions in all of their cars not just TDI. The car has horrible road noise, the "premium" sound system sucks and the car is just the worse thing that we have had. The only good thing that i have to say about this car is that it is amazing on gas. When we get to drive it and when it is not in the shop which is rare. I recommend getting a dodge we love our charger.

Save your money and buy something else!
By beachforme

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have been driving for 39 years and have owned 16 different cars. This will be my first, and last, VW. I bought this 2013 Jetta with 32,015 miles. At 34,200 miles the air conditioning compressor went out....thank goodness for the warranty! I now have 42,100 miles, and since the warranty expired I have had to replaced the fuel pump, fuel filter, ignition lock, ignition housing, and brakes. I have also had problems with some of the plastic interior knobs coming off. Unfortunately, many mechanics do not like working on German made cars, which limits who will fix your car. This, along with expensive parts, makes repair and maintenance a lot more expensive than your normal US, Japanese, or Korean car. I currently have a 2006 Tacoma with 196,000 miles with no issues, and drove a Civic for 210,000 miles with no problems. For a 3 year old car with less than 43,000 miles I have had way to many problems with my Jetta....and doubt it will make it to 100,000 miles. My advice is buy a, Chevy, Ford, Toyota, Honda, or anything that does not have a VW logo. Sorry to be a bummer, but stay away from this car!

Worse car I have ever owned in my life.
By Nick

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

This car has been the worst experience ever! I have had everything from a Ford Taurus to a Camarro and in 2013 I decided to get this vw Jetta. And it has been the worse decision of my life. I have had more problems with this one car and put more money into it then all of my cars combined. The transmission is horrible. The electrical in the whole car is absolutely horrible. My doors will not lock and sometimes will not unlock once I do get them locked. The Windows and sunroof will have problems closing. The last problem that has put me over board is my key will get stuck in the ignition I have had to leave my car running over night until it just runs out of gas because I am not able to turn it off. On top of it running out of gas the battery will also die because the car will not shut off at all. When I do call or go into the dealer they say they can do nothing to help but sit there and jiggle the key until it will sometimes pop out. Multiple technicians at the dealer have told me that this happens to a lot of people and from the research I have done it happens to many people... Yet vw still doesn't make a recall on it or offer to fix this problem with no charge. If I did want to get a new ignition it would be around 1000 dollars and it's still not guranteed to fix the problem cause it can just happen again and on top of that if the key happens to break while they are trying to pull the key out its not their problem and that will have to be replaced also. I could go on and on about how horrible these cars are so my advice would to stay as far away from vw as possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO PROBLEMS AT ALL
By Dana Ostrom

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan w/Convenience, Prod. End 4/13 (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Our beautiful blue Jetta has 31000 miles on it. The whole time we have owned it, we've had only one recall, and it was fixed promptly. We had the light switch in the trunk go out and Fowler VW fixed it within 2 hours. This car rides so smooth on the freeway with no engine noise coming into the cab. As a matter of fact, we were going up Raton pass to Denver last year and didn't even realize we were doing 125 mph. Still no engine or road noise inside. The one thing in this car that sold the car was the lumbar support. The car was for my wife so she had to be satisfied. We drove the Jetta, a Corrolla, a Sonata and a Mini. The only requirement I had was 4 doors. The only thing I would say that needs to be changed on the VW's made in Mexico is the turn signals in back. This is supposed to be a world-class car. The turn signals should be amber as they are when made in Germany. Mexican VW's have red turn signals.