Used 2013 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

JETTA TDI is the best car i have ever owned.
By rp4042

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I bought my jetta tdi on July 30 2013 and have loved it ever since. i have 27904 miles on it and have not had a single problem with it. i consistently get over 50mpg driving to work in the morning. the return trip home is stop and go about half the way and I average 40-42mpg.to obtain the best mpg try to keep rpm at 2000 rpm or less. when i have the car loaded with hundreds of lbs of gear and an additional person and driving 75-80 mph i still get between 45-47mpg. with the extra cost of diesel over gas i still saved $1500.00 over what it cost to run my old 2 liter gas trade in for 20,000 miles.

the powerful torque of the tdi diesel engine.the great standard radio,heated seats,large trunk room. the excellent fuel mileage. you can drive it like you stole it on winding roads.

place the odometer in the speedometer where it belongs, and make it read consistently.make the trip meter easier to obtain.

Love my 2013 Jetta Turbo Diesel 6 speed Manual
By mr_chosenone

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan w/Premium (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I bought a 2011 new Jetta Turbo Diesel 6 speed standard and loved it so much, I sold it to my best friend and bought a 2013 with the exact same set up. They're both identical cars except for their birth year. Both are a blast to drive. I can drive it like I stole it and still get over 45 mpg. Love the electric steering. Buy the manual model if you want to have fun driving this little car. I have and will continue to recommend this car to my friends.

I bought the car knowing I'll be racking up the miles on it in short order as I drive over 3K per month. This is actually my 4th Jetta diesel and I know i will get well over 300k out of it as I have on 2 of my other older models. The ONLY thing i don't like about my car is the English or South African accent that VW has chosen as our blue tooth voice assistant. After being so used to Apple's Siri, and living in N America, I much prefer to hear our language with out the accent of a foreigner.

Get Siri's voice as our in car blue tooth assistant. Not some foreign voice. It drives me nuts. I guess it doesn't help I had a bad experience with a female that had the exact same accent!! :)

Loved the car...Big problem
By kittykat35

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Bought the car new..loved the stick,turbo,diesel combination...handled like a proper German sedan..car didn't settle in till 90mph+. At 35K the high-pressure (32000psi) fuel pump failed and sprayed metal fragments through out the fuel system resulting in $5000 repair bill ! Covered under warranty for 1 time but the dealer claimed it was contaminated fuel. Had only used diesel fuel from a high volume station that has city and school district contracts. Come to find out these Bosch pumps are on their 3rd redesign and one of the failure suspects is the low sulfur fuel that has no/reduced lubricants. Owner's manual says not to use additives but if you have one be sure use an additive.

Gas mileage, handling

Heavy duty fuel pumps that will tolerate U.S low quality diesel fuel...they're not having this issue in Europe.

Maybe biased because I had a Bimmer
By happy163

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan w/Premium, Prod. End 4/13 (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Alright, so this was a trade in for another lease I had which was a 2013 Passat SE. This Jetta was better and a lot more fun to drive than the Passat. The TDI engine is a lot more lively and engaging than the 2.5 Liter in the Passat. The electronic steering was fun as well. The wishbone suspension however, was very noticeable for someone who knows a thing or two about handling. The back end is just too unstable on curves and wishy washy. I had this unpleasant rattling noise in the center console where the cup holders are. It would never go away. The gas mileage in the vehicle was excellent as I put on more miles on the car, the better the gas range was. At one point i was getting 45MPG.

Excellent sound system except for the rattles, fun to drive (fix the rear suspension). great electronic steering. good MPG, easy to parallel park. Great passing power. Great low-end torque but takes a while to spool up for power. Fender sound system.

quicky DSG with hill hold feature annoying in Seattle! Cheap interior with rattles and poor build quality. should have gotten the Golf TDI for this year. steering too light make it more sportier. Bring back the fun in driving that the old Jetta's had. Poor acceleration. Door panels made the sound system rattle with heavy bass. The rear deck with speakers rattled too often. Sucks when you have a nice sound system but the pieces around it can't support the bass. Cheap Instrument panel. Have buttons on both sides of the wheel not just one side. Change the gas gauge. Add auto lights and auto rain sensors and the seating positions need tilt.

Love my TDI!
By carcully

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 4/13 (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

We purchased our Toffee Brown 2013 Jetta TDI last summer, and have thoroughly enjoyed it. My folks have a 2011 Jetta TDI Sportwagen, so I had the pleasure of driving their car on occasion, and was immediately hooked on its performance and power, with such incredible fuel economy. We have 2 sons, and it transports the 4 of us around very comfortably. I love that the actual MPG is even BETTER than what is advertised. We get about 38 around town, and have gotten 51 on freeway trips. Love the V-tex Leatherette interior--so easy to clean. Just a great all-around vehicle.

TDI fuel economy, plenty of power, v-tex sturdy, easy to clean interior, standard heated seats, cavernous trunk, feels sturdy and safe, yet still sporty and fun to drive.

None at this time