2013 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel Consumer Reviews

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
JETTA TDI is the best car i have ever owned.
By rp4042 on 03/19/15 18:24 PM (PDT)

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I bought my jetta tdi on July 30 2013 and have loved it ever since. i have 27904 miles on it and have not had a single problem with it. i consistently get over 50mpg driving to work in the morning. the return trip home is stop and go about half the way and I average 40-42mpg.to obtain the best mpg try to keep rpm at 2000 rpm or less. when i have the car loaded with hundreds of lbs of gear and an additional person and driving 75-80 mph i still get between 45-47mpg. with the extra cost of diesel over gas i still saved $1500.00 over what it cost to run my old 2 liter gas trade in for 20,000 miles.

Love my 2013 Jetta Turbo Diesel 6 speed Manual
By mr_chosenone on 02/09/15 22:51 PM (PST)

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan w/Premium (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I bought a 2011 new Jetta Turbo Diesel 6 speed standard and loved it so much, I sold it to my best friend and bought a 2013 with the exact same set up. They're both identical cars except for their birth year. Both are a blast to drive. I can drive it like I stole it and still get over 45 mpg. Love the electric steering. Buy the manual model if you want to have fun driving this little car. I have and will continue to recommend this car to my friends.

Loved the car...Big problem
By kittykat35 on 02/03/15 23:33 PM (PST)

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Bought the car new..loved the stick,turbo,diesel combination...handled like a proper German sedan..car didn't settle in till 90mph+. At 35K the high-pressure (32000psi) fuel pump failed and sprayed metal fragments through out the fuel system resulting in $5000 repair bill ! Covered under warranty for 1 time but the dealer claimed it was contaminated fuel. Had only used diesel fuel from a high volume station that has city and school district contracts. Come to find out these Bosch pumps are on their 3rd redesign and one of the failure suspects is the low sulfur fuel that has no/reduced lubricants. Owner's manual says not to use additives but if you have one be sure use an additive.

Maybe biased because I had a Bimmer
By happy163 on 01/04/15 02:41 AM (PST)

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan w/Premium, Prod. End 4/13 (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Alright, so this was a trade in for another lease I had which was a 2013 Passat SE. This Jetta was better and a lot more fun to drive than the Passat. The TDI engine is a lot more lively and engaging than the 2.5 Liter in the Passat. The electronic steering was fun as well. The wishbone suspension however, was very noticeable for someone who knows a thing or two about handling. The back end is just too unstable on curves and wishy washy. I had this unpleasant rattling noise in the center console where the cup holders are. It would never go away. The gas mileage in the vehicle was excellent as I put on more miles on the car, the better the gas range was. At one point i was getting 45MPG.

Love my TDI!
By carcully on 05/21/14 09:52 AM (PDT)

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan w/Prod. End 4/13 (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

We purchased our Toffee Brown 2013 Jetta TDI last summer, and have thoroughly enjoyed it. My folks have a 2011 Jetta TDI Sportwagen, so I had the pleasure of driving their car on occasion, and was immediately hooked on its performance and power, with such incredible fuel economy. We have 2 sons, and it transports the 4 of us around very comfortably. I love that the actual MPG is even BETTER than what is advertised. We get about 38 around town, and have gotten 51 on freeway trips. Love the V-tex Leatherette interior--so easy to clean. Just a great all-around vehicle.

8 Month, 25,000 Mile Review
By bailey08 on 04/29/14 19:21 PM (PDT)

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan w/Premium, Navigation (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I traded my 2004 Infiniti for a new Jetta TDI 8 months ago and currently have 25k miles on it. I bought it because of the gas mileage since I commute/travel 3k miles a month. With that said, I average between 38-40 mpg on my commute to and from work. Volkswagen advertises that you can get 609 miles to one tank and that is an understatement. I made it home from NC to the NJ on one tank of gas: 625 miles. (avg speed 70 mph). The DSG transmission is a lot of fun to drive. It offers every-day "Drive" mode or the more exciting "S" mode or for maximum power, you can switch to manual mode. If you are looking for a daily driver/commuter car that offers much more, you should definitely consider.

Very reliable, great mileage
By rrocks on 04/25/14 01:09 AM (PDT)

After 10 months and 9500 miles, all is excellent...upper 40s on the hwy, 29-30 in horrible suburban driving conditions where I live (a lot of stop and start). Absolutely no problems. I think it's a great, fun car for the money. A bit slow on the start, but it picks up speed quickly. I'm sold on diesel. The only thing I don't like is the odometer display. My wife claims she doesn't care about cars but I can tell she loves it.

volkswagen tdi 10,000 miles and going strong
By rp4042 on 04/12/14 18:24 PM (PDT)

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I have put 10,000 + miles on my 2013 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel in about 9 months and the car is going strong, I have not had one single problem with this car, zero, zilch, nada . I have owned new Toyotas that were not this reliable in the first 10,000 miles. One reviewer stated that it was made in Mexico and was junk. Well the engine and transmission are made and assembled in Germany. The balance of the parts are made in Germany , Canada, and Mexico. It is assembled in Mexico. My point is that this is a car engineered in Germany and built to German standards. I have had no problems with paint, trim , or scuff marks not coming off plastic parts as some have stated.

The gooad and the bad
By maninva on 03/21/14 12:39 PM (PDT)

2013 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan w/Premium (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Like other reviewers I had a bit of buyers remorse upon driving this car home from the dealer. No auto headlamps, compass, auto dimming review mirror or back up cam left me a little disappointed. The car grew on me once I got used to it. It is fun to drive and I enjoy getting 50mpg on the highway. At 8k the paint on the front bumper started to chip off very easily. After three different attempts to have VW repaint the bumper they refused to do so. This was my first VW and will be my last. I will not buy cars from a manufacturer that doesn't stand behind it's product.

I'm a believer
By stewsir on 11/26/13 07:50 AM (PST)

I leased my Jetta about 8 weeks ago because of a change in my commuting status. I needed something that could haul 3-4 adults 50-60 miles a day, each way. I've had VWs, Audis and Volvos previously. This isn't my favorite car, but for what I got it for, it's the best, by far. Very comfortable inside, front AND back. great mileage. I average 35 or so around town and 42-45 on the highway. It's nice to see just under half a tank left and 450 miles on the trip odometer. I think I'm doing 600 or so miles per tank. Pretty impressive for a 14 gallon tank.