2012 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Way OVER engineered

2012 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Review

2012 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel

Way OVER engineered
By tbsx on

2012 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I don’t understand the great reviews considering so many characteristic problems… you’ll see.

Should the engine stall while in motion the key must cycle fully off to restart the auto. This LOCKS the steering while in motion.
With clutch depressed the engine wont rev above 2500 rpms. I have to pop the clutch several times when on a hill or stall engine. The traction control system engaged breaks on left side of car (I never touched the breaks) sending the car sideways. Lights come on when I don’t want; they go off when I don’t. Doors lock, unlock automatic.

the way it drives. This is the only real positive for this car

Turn signal stays on after I let go of lever. Way too much of this vehicle is making decisions FOR me. Generally speaking a wonderful auto to drive, but the annoying (AND DANGEROUS) features negate the positives. I’ve contacted VW of America each time about the dangerous aspects and they tell me, “it’s a feature, there's nothing to fix".

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By tomcat3925
on 01/18/15 07:25 AM (PST)

Nearly all the features you say that you hate are adjustable. See Ross-Tech website. You can also easily install a switch to disable the TCS.