So far, so good.
By s4guy2000 on
2012 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan w/Premium (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)
I just acquired a 2012 Jetta TDI Premium. We have a 2013 Jetta Sportwagen with all of the options and have put about 9000 trouble free miles on it, so I bought the 2012 sedan as a certified used VW. It has around 50k miles on it and I drive 74 miles round trip everyday. So far the car has been really nice, the tires are terrible and I will be changing these out in a month or two, but I am still getting around 53.8 mpg when I just kind of cruise. I averaged 44.8 mpg on the first tank with faster driving. I like the DSG it feels a little clunky if you are used to traditional manuals, especially when it downshifts when you are slowing down, but it is pretty smooth while upshifting.
Favorite Features
I really bought the car for its German driving experience, and mpg. The MPG has been very easy to get, and I expect to get over 725 miles per tank on a regular basis .
Suggested Improvements
The interior of the Sedan compared to the Sportwagen is CHEAP. They used cheap plastics, the Fender subwoofer rattles the trunk lid, the springs in the trunk lid creak like old man knees, there is not power seat adjustment (the Sportwagen has it), the driving info display is cheap, there is only one side of steering wheel controls, and the armrest is not adjustable like in the Sportwagen. Small issues, but when I drive them back to back I can really tell a difference in how they built the sedan to a price point. Still is more enjoyable than anything else in the class and I can absolutely destroy the estimated EPA mpg without really trying.