rosemary12
By rosemary12 on
2012 Volkswagen Jetta SEL Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)
I bought this car in August of 2012 from the VW Dealer in Bedford Ohio. I bought this Jetta new after selling my BMW 5 series before walking into the dealership. I decided to buy a Jetta since I heard that many people who drive BMW's have switched to the the Jetta model since they like the German engineering. Biggest mistake I made in my life. I paid cash for the car and got a black sel with every feature you could get-including navigation and special wheels. All said and done I paid over $30,000.00 for this car with an additional extended warranty. As for the interior the plastic seats are very uncomfortable. No power adjustable seats, no telescoping steering wheel. Sold this car!
Favorite Features
none
Suggested Improvements
Real leather more comfortable seats that auto adjust, heated steering wheel, telescoping steering wheel to adjust to posture. Exterior looks cheap with all the plastic on the trim-even on this expensive SEL model it still looks very basic for the money spent. Add a second left mode on the steering wheel (GLI model has this). As much money as I paid on this top of the line model this should be included in the price.
By vwgolf420
on 03/29/13 12:57 PM (PDT)

I love my 2010 Golf, but this expectation that a VW is some sort of upscale German car has mislead a lot of people. Golfs and Jettas are a little upscale compared to their competitors like Civics and Corollas, but they're still standard compact cars as far as equipment goes. Coming from a BMW, of course you're disappointed.

By dteezy
on 05/07/14 22:31 PM (PDT)

I agree, Im not too into german cars esp. VW, but you had the chance to test drive the car before you paid for it in CASH and started complaining about it. 1. you paid around 30,000...if youre so into german and came from BMW you could have gotten a 3 series..its a VW...Jetta at that, not a fancy lux car.