2012 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Fun and efficient diesel, ques

2012 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

2012 Volkswagen Jetta

TDI Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Automated Manual w/Premium)

Fun and efficient diesel, questionable reliability
By austin28 on

2012 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan w/Premium (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I have just finished putting a 1000k miles on my 2012 Jetta TDI. I have averaged 39MPG in moderate city driving. I highly recommend the diesel to anyone who is looking for added driving fun, longevity, and a higher resale value. The leather steering wheel, heated seats, and touchscreen audio system make this car seem luxurious. Despite negative reviews on the cars interior, I suspect it will please almost everyone who experiences it.
Unfortunately, within the first week of ownership, I had 2 different problems with exterior body work. 1. The gas door would not shut. 2. The trunk squeaks loudly when you open or close it. The dealership noted both problems would be fixed under warranty.

The torque from the diesel engine creates a very peppy feel that always seems ready to accelerate. Also, the amazing gas mileage is great. My second favorite part of this car is a tie between heated seats and the AMAZING 8 speaker audio system.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By golf_jetta
on 01/30/12 13:15 PM (PST)

My trunk squeaks like crazy when I open it. I didn't realize they could fix that under warranty. I had to return mine after a day because there was a kink in the turbo return line. The dealer DID fix that component within 45 minutes of bringing to them.