From Best to Worst
By bobgoblin on
2012 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan w/Premium (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)
I traded my 2001 Passat in for a 2012 Jetta TDI "Premium" in January. While the Passat was honestly the best car I have owned, the Jetta is the worst. The Jetta stalls all the time. It was shipped with a 5-speed gearshift knob, even though it is a 6-speed transmission. The car was supposed to have lumbar support but doesn't . VW said they will correct it since it is not specifically listed on the window sticker. The windshield cracked when i hit a pothole at 2,000 miles and VW is refusing to fix that. I can go on, but won't. After driving VW for 11 years, this Jetta will my last VW purchase.
Favorite Features
it's a good looking car with a smooth clutch
Suggested Improvements
The suspension needs a complete overhaul, the cheap vinyl seats need a cloth or leather option.
By bobgoblin
on 08/26/12 06:46 AM (PDT)

I've re-rated this car as the fuel economy doubled after VW finally fixed the stalling problem. And I keep finding additional problems the longer I have it. Finally had to get a lawyer involved to get the windshield replaced. I've owned it for 6 months but it has only been drivable for 4.

By jclaeys
on 05/09/12 16:16 PM (PDT)

VIVA Mexico.

By bobgoblin
on 03/06/12 15:19 PM (PST)

minor correction: VW said they will NOT correct the missing lumbar support on the car b/c it is not specifically listed on the window sticker.