2012 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews 3

2012 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

2012 Volkswagen Jetta 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Fast and Fun
By stacygee on 10/25/12 06:48 AM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan w/Premium (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I bought this Jetta TDI in late 2011, it is so fun and fast!!! Great sound system, sporty looking. I threw some black wheels on there and feel like im driving a sports car. I was in a horrible wreck in October 2011 and the car held up pretty well, I actually drove it home and the other drive has to be towed and her car was totaled. Safe, reliable, well built and fun to drive! I get about 35-40 MPG too!

Excellent Car
By robertj9 on 10/16/12 13:03 PM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan w/Convenience, Sunroof (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I had been looking for a car since December 2011. I did a lot comparison between Honda, Nissan, Subaru and Hyundai. But overall the Jetta won, it is the best quality vs. price car that I found. I was looking a good price for a sedan with leather interiors, sunroof, responsive engine, and space. The reviews about the quality of the interior it may be for the one that does not have the vinyl interior. Because I really like the interior of this car and the space is more than enough. The trunk is huge. The engine is responsive. The MPG is not impressive though.

Go test drive one yourself!
By carloco1 on 09/09/12 20:24 PM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen Jetta S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Yes, the 2.0 is under power, I wouldn't buy this car with the automatic. But with the manual transmission works fine. You can get this car to 70 or 80 mph with no problem. Actually, its pretty quiet at 75 mph. In order to pass other vehicles in the highway I have to put the car in 4th or 3rd gear. The Jetta is very roomy, I am six feet tall I can put the seat all the way back and my teenage sons fit in the back seats with out touching the back of my seat. I like this car better than my old 2001 BMW 325I. I am very with this car purchase, I just hope this car turns out to be reliable. I found out all the new Jetta come equipped with four wheel disk brake even thu the reviews say otherwise!

6 months on and still have build quality issues
By bobgoblin on 08/26/12 06:38 AM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan w/Premium (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

If you're not driving on a newly paved road the ride is appalling thanks to the old-timey torsion beam rear axel. Mine was even worse thanks to VW not installing the rear shocks properly. VW claimed that's just how the car road and refused to even look at it. I had to take it to my body shop guy who found the problem. The windsheild cracked at 500 miles when I hit a pothole & I had to get my lawyer involved to fix that since VW initially refused. Constant stalling problem which took VW a month to track down: stuck fuel pressure release valve. Is a 6-speed transmission that came with a 5-speed gearshift: it took a month to convince someone at VW why that was incorrect. etc.

Good clean driving fun
By beaverdam on 08/09/12 16:24 PM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan w/Premium, Navigation (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

This VW has exceeded all of my expectations. Highway Mpg is always above 50 unless the AC is on then it drops to 46. City MPG is about 35. Only time will tell but so far it is rock solid and very reliable. Ride control is tight but not too firm. The lack of independent suspension in the rear is not noticable for me. 4 wheel disc brakes have a firm feel. Electric power steering feels like "steer by wire" but is easy to adjust to.

Jetta Diesel is all for Fun
By tdi_all_fun on 06/28/12 11:59 AM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

After driving Toyota Camry for 8 years i decided to move on and try something that is fun to drive and at the same time has great mpg. I decided to buy Jetta TDI, i start loving it the moment i test drove it and bought it right away. I bought this in June 2011 and wanted to wait for a while before writing this review so far i have put over 15000 miles and getting 37-38 in 50% city and 50% highway. I drove it on long drive couple of time and noted 46 mpg which is awesome for car with a soul. So far i am happier with my decision to move to diesel. I don't think i am ever moving back to gas ever again.

Worth every penny
By asj2012 on 06/22/12 13:24 PM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan w/Premium (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I have owned my Jetta TDI for almost 2 months and have 3k miles on it - and I have only good things to say about it. Since fuel efficiency was my goal, I decided to buy the TDI in a 6-speed manual transmission. (Note: I also preferred the manual over the automatic because the automatic felt like I was driving a golf cart). At first I was nervous about getting the manual because I had owned the Nissan Altima Coupe manual and it was horrible to drive that I traded it in after 1.5 years for an xterra. The manual transmission in this car is a breeze to drive. The clutch isn't super tight and the gears are easy to master. The interior has lots of upgrades and accommodations. Fun, classy car!!

Awesome Buy
By jcmoore5 on 06/18/12 20:30 PM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Best Bang for your buck! I don't know why reviewers slam the VW Jetta TDI so bad. I have driven all the others that this site has ranked with it. I recomend driving them all for your self. Find what car fits you. Do the math for your self. I think that you would be surprised.

FIRST VW PROVES COMFORTABLE, QUIET, QUICK
By openwheeler on 06/15/12 13:56 PM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan w/Convenience, Sunroof (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Picked it up 5/31 and this Candy White with Corn silk/Black accent interior has proven to be a handsome, comfortable second family car. Critics of the interior materials were too harsh. The leatherette is more attractive and comfortable than we expected. Just returned from a round trip to PGH. My 6 foot plus son did not find the rear seats tiring or cramped. Very smooth ride and honestly quieter than our Accord on the road. The engine is a bit "throaty" but the slight rumble doesn't sound weak or cheap. Solid feel. In 'S' mode you get all the kick you need for passing fun. Low end torque takes a bit of getting used too but that comes quickly. Confident handling. Touch screen radio is cool.

An excellent car, but do your homework
By calex905 on 06/04/12 21:13 PM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan w/Premium (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

This was the most reasonably priced car in this kind of fuel mileage range that did not feel like a toy. True the interior is not flashy, and I am a bit heavy for the standard seat bolsters, and it is not an independent rear suspension, but this little car is a kick to drive. I have 12,000 miles on and I have no complaints. I just got my first 50MPG trip this last weekend. In mixed driving I get 38 on the low side and can always depend on 44 to 45 MPG highway driving with cruise control on 65 or 70 from Fresno to Los Angeles and back. The DSG transmission does take a while to get used to but its a great car. Lots of torque and a huge backseat.