Used 2012 Volkswagen Jetta SEL Premium PZEV Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Nice car for not a lot of $....
By cavwguy

2012 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SEL Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Owned this vehicle for about 3-yrs. & 45K miles (bought it new). Overall impressed with quality, comfort, value and performance. I stayed away from the TDI because of diesel fuel pricing and the intercooler issues (well documented here). Very happy w/my decision. While this vehicle is not a "sports-car", it does have that "German car feel" to it. Even w/the mileage, it is still pretty tight feeling drives smoothly. I also get around 28mpg (combined driving), about 1/2 and 1/2. Free maintenance service was nice for the 1st 36K miles.

Pros: Seems to be wearing well. 2.5L 5-banger is smooth (like a V6), powerful and economical. No rattles or creaks. Moonroof doesn't leak. Fender stereo is phenominal (I am an audiophile, too). Vehicle has room for everyone and doesn't stagger when loaded. I would buy another one. Cons: It has had a wind-noise since new (VW has tried to cure but hasn't yet). While it's not overbearing, I can still hear it. I took about 4-flats in the tires (when new). It was odd because I never hang around construction-places either. It was like the tires (Conti's) were jinxed. However, I did find out others have had this issue too. I own Pirelli P7's now.

Fix minor wind noise issue. VW tells me they can't figure out where/why/how to fix???

rosemary12
By rosemary12

2012 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SEL Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought this car in August of 2012 from the VW Dealer in Bedford Ohio. I bought this Jetta new after selling my BMW 5 series before walking into the dealership. I decided to buy a Jetta since I heard that many people who drive BMW's have switched to the the Jetta model since they like the German engineering. Biggest mistake I made in my life. I paid cash for the car and got a black sel with every feature you could get-including navigation and special wheels. All said and done I paid over $30,000.00 for this car with an additional extended warranty. As for the interior the plastic seats are very uncomfortable. No power adjustable seats, no telescoping steering wheel. Sold this car!

none

Real leather more comfortable seats that auto adjust, heated steering wheel, telescoping steering wheel to adjust to posture. Exterior looks cheap with all the plastic on the trim-even on this expensive SEL model it still looks very basic for the money spent. Add a second left mode on the steering wheel (GLI model has this). As much money as I paid on this top of the line model this should be included in the price.