Used 2012 Volkswagen Jetta S Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Respectable Gas Sipper
By jbkutah

2012 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted something with excellent gas mileage for business reimbursement, but respectable enough for my wife to want to ride in on date night. So far, this car is fitting the bill great. Much roomier and respectable than a Corolla, Focus, or the like. Traded the hubcaps for some 5 spoke oem wheels. Mileage is 33-35mpg in mixed driving. True, the 2.0 is not a fast car nor a luxury ride, but I don't race around in it during my commute or during business outings. Manual tranny helps give it a little pep and/or work the gas mileage numbers. Decent ride comfort and I feel safe in the car. I'm expecting decent reliability 'cause of the tried and true engine and lack of bells and whistles.

Go test drive one yourself!
By carloco1

2012 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Yes, the 2.0 is under power, I wouldn't buy this car with the automatic. But with the manual transmission works fine. You can get this car to 70 or 80 mph with no problem. Actually, its pretty quiet at 75 mph. In order to pass other vehicles in the highway I have to put the car in 4th or 3rd gear. The Jetta is very roomy, I am six feet tall I can put the seat all the way back and my teenage sons fit in the back seats with out touching the back of my seat. I like this car better than my old 2001 BMW 325I. I am very with this car purchase, I just hope this car turns out to be reliable. I found out all the new Jetta come equipped with four wheel disk brake even thu the reviews say otherwise!

Exterior styling! The car handles great for the price!

add standard alloy wheels, cruise control and miles to empty to all Jetta. Also theirs no parking lights.

VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!
By jessica80

2012 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned a '94,'96', and an '09 Jetta. Pros: *I like the body style....the front end of the car anyways. It handles better then other Jettas I've owned. It has more room in the interior. * gears shift a lot smoother Cons: *I do not like the 2.0 engine. It is SO slow....I can floor it around corners and it goes no where!! Slowest car I've ever owned. My 09 Jetta had a 2.5 so it was a little more fun to drive. * the interior is cheap.....I'm sure it was the cheapest plastic they could find. The cloth seats are hard. No heated seats.The 09 jetta (same model) had soft cloth seats that were heated with a Soft dash that had more shape opposed to the 2012 with a flat dash...just like a 1994

* new body style *better handling *smoother shifting

* the interior is terrible