2012 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Great choice
By juvy2 on 08/20/13 17:59 PM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

My 2012 Jetta is by far the best car I have ever had! Great gas mileage, fun to drive and extremely comfortable seats

A Nice Used Car at a good price...
By freddok2 on 06/29/13 16:49 PM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I suddenly found myself in the position of needing a another car after my previously-reliable 2006 Subaru Impreza suddenly overheated on me. The Dealer where I had the Subaru taken for service (and from where I had bought it new in 2006) had put me in a white 2013 VW Passat as a loaner for a while, so when it came time to deal and to decide whether to take back my old car or buy a new or certified Pre-Owned car from the dealer, I was pleased when I took on a test drive a blue Certified pre-Owned 2012 Jetta with low mileage. The only thing I didn't like about it was the mostly-plastic dash, but that was a minor tradeoff in return. I bought it and have been happy with it ever since.

Wish I never bought this car...
By domdpt on 06/16/13 13:28 PM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SEL 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I was new to VW and relatively impressed by the Jetta, although I really wanted the GLI I was not ready to pay $30,000 for a small sedan. The car was ok to start, however within 2 months all door panels were rattling, suspension squeaked, and engine became sluggish. Almost 1 year later and after a few trips to the dealer, all door panels still rattle, the engine is not responsive, and MPGs are getting worse. VW quality has slipped a lot from what i can gether, and the dealer is less than willing to help fix the problems. Unless you get a GLI, do not waste your money.

5 speed SE with Convenience is the one to get.
By dlevine2 on 05/26/13 16:34 PM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan w/Convenience (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I was hesitant to buy a VW after having owned a 1993 VW Corrado SLC - most beautiful unreliable car I have ever owned. I did not want an automatic since I had been driving a 2006 Hyundai Sonata for quite a while (most boring, most reliable car I have ever owned). For me, the 5 speed SE with convenience is a great car - not too far over $20,000 and it has decent performance. The trunk is larger than my wife's Infiniti M35. My kid cannot destroy the interior because it is made out of, well, plastic and Vinyl. My hope is that it turns out to be reliable, because I do like it a lot. It's as much of a German car as $20,000 or so will let it be.

If it was put together in Germany...
By petarvn1 on 02/11/13 21:31 PM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan w/Convenience (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I've got a 2012 jetta with just over 6K miles on it. For the 16 months i have owned it, i have come to conclude that it's fast enogh to get you in to trouble, but controlable enogh to get you out of it. Being a new driver, getting a good, safe, reliable car was my parrents priority, so the got me a jetta, natrually. Only problem with it is that it's build quality isn't tip-top. My friend has a VW golf (assembled in Wolfsberg, not mexico) and it's much better put together. All together, it's a good package. I'd recomend the 5 speed manual with the 2.5 liter engine. For the $21,000 you pay you get a lot for your money, plus it's a very sexy machine!

rosemary12
By rosemary12 on 02/06/13 18:19 PM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SEL Premium PZEV 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought this car in August of 2012 from the VW Dealer in Bedford Ohio. I bought this Jetta new after selling my BMW 5 series before walking into the dealership. I decided to buy a Jetta since I heard that many people who drive BMW's have switched to the the Jetta model since they like the German engineering. Biggest mistake I made in my life. I paid cash for the car and got a black sel with every feature you could get-including navigation and special wheels. All said and done I paid over $30,000.00 for this car with an additional extended warranty. As for the interior the plastic seats are very uncomfortable. No power adjustable seats, no telescoping steering wheel. Sold this car!

I haven Driven Almost Every Car In The World, And this is the best car for the price.
By vmn077 on 01/20/13 16:36 PM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This car is def worth every penny for the price it has. The other competitors cars in the market can not compare its quility, features and history with VW. It drives just as good as any other expensive car. I have own this car for year now and iam just impress every time, its very comfortable, a lot of space and very rised up compare to other sedans. The fuel economy is great for the power it has. I get around 25 - 29 in city and long trip i have gotten numbers above 40 mpgs (using a real data logger). The car come pack of little features must people dont even know about. The is almost matinance free, 10k mile oil change, no timming belt change ever, it uses a map system,means less sensor.

Respectable Gas Sipper
By jbkutah on 10/31/12 20:13 PM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted something with excellent gas mileage for business reimbursement, but respectable enough for my wife to want to ride in on date night. So far, this car is fitting the bill great. Much roomier and respectable than a Corolla, Focus, or the like. Traded the hubcaps for some 5 spoke oem wheels. Mileage is 33-35mpg in mixed driving. True, the 2.0 is not a fast car nor a luxury ride, but I don't race around in it during my commute or during business outings. Manual tranny helps give it a little pep and/or work the gas mileage numbers. Decent ride comfort and I feel safe in the car. I'm expecting decent reliability 'cause of the tried and true engine and lack of bells and whistles.

Great Bang for your Buck!
By core3y on 10/29/12 11:18 AM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan w/Convenience, Sunroof (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I have had my 2012 VW Jetta SE with Convenience Package and Sunroof for almost 5 months now. I love this vehicle. Overall, the features and performance of this car make it a pleasure to drive, and I'd definitely recommend it over competition. keep in mind that I chose this car new over a used recent-model BMW 3-series :-)

Excellent Value!
By joepalace on 10/27/12 15:18 PM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan w/Convenience, Sunroof (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Just brought on 10/14/2012. Excellent value! used 0% $0 down financing and 3 yrs of maintenance included. I was afraid leatherette seats where going to look cheap, but they actually look great and are very comfortable. In fact they are more comfortable than my Infiniti I-30 leather seats I just traded in. The space in the back seat is great as a full size adult fits comfortably. The premium entertainment is wonderful and the ipod/iphone integration is excellent. Bluetooth works perfectly. Acceleration is up to par with what you expect on this type of vehicle. It's not a racing car, so acceleration is what should be considered normal. So far a great choice!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan in VA is:

$149 per month*