2012 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel 2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

2012 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel - Consumer Reviews

2012 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

TDI Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Lasted only 75000 miles VWdesign FLAW
By unhappyvw1 on 01/18/15 16:13 PM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

Bought as certified pre-owned with 23K miles Loved the car great mileage ect Drove it to work 70 miles (reason we bought it) and at quitting time tried to start only to have engine turn over then lock up. Turns out after some research these motors have issue with inter cooler As motor is run in cold weather air that comes in freezes on inter cooler as the day warmed up ice thawed and when I tried to start water was sucked into engine (NOT GOOD) Dealer will do nothing out of warranty 600 price tag to just evaluate it. Issue with VW since 2009 USE EXTREME caution before purchase Cost 8-10K to replace this motor

Way OVER engineered
By tbsx on 11/05/13 11:04 AM (PST)

2012 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I donít understand the great reviews considering so many characteristic problemsÖ youíll see. Should the engine stall while in motion the key must cycle fully off to restart the auto. This LOCKS the steering while in motion. With clutch depressed the engine wont rev above 2500 rpms. I have to pop the clutch several times when on a hill or stall engine. The traction control system engaged breaks on left side of car (I never touched the breaks) sending the car sideways. Lights come on when I donít want; they go off when I donít. Doors lock, unlock automatic.

Fun and Fuel Efficient
By tdilover3 on 05/26/12 17:09 PM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I have 13,000 miles on my 2012 Jetta. This is my third Jetta and my second TDI. I love this car. It is amazing for the money. I drive 55 miles everyday in mixed driving in this car, and I have fun the entire time. It only costs me $90 a month in fuel to drive this amazing car. It has power for days, the torque is amazing. It handles great and has plenty of space. I have two kids in car seats, no space issues. I love this car and I plan to keep it forever.

This car delivers
By delfin1 on 05/21/12 20:50 PM (PDT)

2012 Volkswagen Jetta Diesel TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I have just over 2,000 miles on a new base model Jetta TDI with a manual, so I can't comment on long term reliability. What I can comment on is the performance of the package, and it exceeds expectations. We're averaging around 43 mpg in combined city/highway driving. Since this is more than promised, it is hard not to be impressed. The seating is comfortable, and while the interior finish materials are not as high quality as some other vehicles, they are certainly good enough for a car that costs less than $23,000.