By lawman1967 on
2011 Volkswagen Jetta S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)
This is a much nicer car than the Edmunds review gives it credit for. Sure, the 2010 had a (much) richer interior, but the 2010 was both smaller and (much) more expensive. I own and drive a 2009 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport, and bought the Jetta S for my daughter. The "wheezy" 2.0 liter does just fine, even with the automatic, and so far is getting 29 MPG in mixed driving. It is not fast by any means, but it is smooth, quiet and refined, with no trouble whatsoever cruising at 80 MPH or above. The car handles well, looks and feels more expensive than it is, and most importantly, is smoother, quieter and more comfortable than just about anything else at its price point.
Favorite Features
German road manners, firm driver's seat, comfortable cabin.
Suggested Improvements
A more modern base engine would be nice, but not if it meant a significant price increase.
By lawman1967
on 12/06/11 14:21 PM (PST)

@avergara4, Lucky you! Acceleration is more than adequate, especially for a younger driver. Congratulations, you have a very nice car.

By avergara4
on 07/06/11 21:12 PM (PDT)

Thanks for posting this. My dad just bought me this car and I was skeptical after buying it due to the acceleration. Maybe after a while it will feel better. I love the design and the steering feels better but it definitely feels different compared to the Lincoln LS that I was driving beforehand that turned out to be nothing but problems.