2011 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)
I purchased my TDI about three months ago, and I am extremely satisfied with all major aspects of the car; particularly the economy and performance of the Clean Diesel. However, I do have a few nitpicky quibbles:
1. There is no padding in the overhead storage compartment, so my glasses rattle when placed there.
2. I am getting used to the digital fuel gauge but I am still searching for some sort of engine temp gauge (I hate idiot lights!).
3. I am also still searching for the ACC setting on the ignition switch.
4. I wish I had adjustable lumbar supports on the front seats.
5. Why do I have to order a nav system to get optional fog lights?
6. There is a big blind spot in the left rear!
My favorite features are the snappy exterior styling, the crisp 6-speed manual tranny, the unbelievable performance and economy of the turbo diesel which seems to offer all the advantages of a diesel without most of the drawbacks (noise, smoke, odor, etc)., the capacious rear seating area, the sound and performance of the touch-screen radio, the taut handling (I like a firm ride), the lavish trim level of the TDI (I did not need to purchase any options), and the 3-yr/36K mile paid maintenance plan.
I would like to ditch the sunroof (which I rarely use) in exchange for the some or all of the items I listed previously.
I feel this should be a cost-plus optional item for those who want one. The cost savings would more than make up for the paltry items which are missing.
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.