2011 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: I will never buy VW again

2011 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

2011 Volkswagen Jetta

SE Sedan (2.5L 5-cyl. 6-speed Automatic w/Convenience)

I will never buy VW again
By brookem0517 on

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan w/Convenience (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

My Jetta's engine completely shuts off while driving. It has happened 4 times in the last year. I take it to the Volkswagen dealership and they tell me there is nothing they can do about it. It really upsets me I have not even had my car for 3 years and it is not reliable. I am scared to drive because I don't know when my car is going to randomly shut off. This is a huge safety issue. This issue could cause me to be in an accident. I was always a huge Volkswagen supporter and thought I would always drive a Volkswagen, but now I am questioning that. I am so disappointed about the quality and reliability of my car and the fact that no one seems to care.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By molles
on 07/18/14 02:16 AM (PDT)

Exact same issues. Own car for now three years. Bought brand new off the lot. Took it to three different dealerships. All three diagnose problem differently and always say it is bad gas related. Well I owned Hondas and Mazda a before this and they have no problem with 87 octane. Car stalled once in February. Twice in April. And again last week. Battery light shows up on dash. And on speedometer is a digital ticker message. I guess I should have been quick on draw with camera on my phone, but was stopped at red light and a rad panicked and that is illegal to use smart phone in car while driving. I feel as if I need to go to VW tech school to tell them what happens each time I bring it in. Other problems: brake light on dash is super sensitive with summer to fall weather change. Horn stopped working after 30000kms. Told it happens. Will go back to Japanese made cars in future as it is oil changes and air filters and not dealer dependent. I would give VW negative rating on diagnosing problems. Techs need faults on computer and have no other tech skills to fix problems.