Not Too Shabby
By maro71 on
2011 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)
I've driven one of these as a loaner vehicle as our 2008 SE 2.5 was in the shop for repairs. We bought it used a month ago. Fortunately we were under warranty. The car was loaded including navigation. I checked out the sticker price in the showroom and they had it for around 29,000. In my opinion diesel is the way to go vice a hybrid. After 2 years or so you have to have your batteries replaced in a hybrid. In a diesel they keep on chumming. I was getting around 43-44 mpg and here in PA where it's all hills. The quality is down sort-off. If you've never owned a VW you won't know the difference. Prior owners such as my self (87 Jetta Gl and 95 Jetta GL) it's readily apparent.
Favorite Features
As I was saying it's not bad though just different materials used. It drives smooth and is comfortable for long hauls. This car has many features to like but the MPG is all that counts for me. VW has really put up a real bargain and with real value. Although the quality different it's still slick and smooth. Everything flows really well.
Suggested Improvements
Fix that darn blind spot on the passenger side. You really have to take a peak in the back to make sure no one's there. Don't cheat or you will regret it. I almost did.
By 4jays4
on 10/08/11 04:54 AM (PDT)

Complete rubbish that hybrids need batteries replaced every two years! Otherwise, good review.