2011 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Not completely decided yet

2011 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

2011 Volkswagen Jetta

SE Sedan (2.5L 5-cyl. 6-speed Automatic w/Convenience and Sunroof)

Not completely decided yet
By csxtrader on

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan w/Convenience, Sunroof (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I bought my Jetta about 2 weeks ago. I bought an SE with convenience and sunroof. The power is decent, and the fuel economy has been good "right out of the box" so-to-speak. I think it drives like a larger car than it is. I am experiencing a whistle from either the driver's side mirror or a-pillar. Most blogs I've read suggest that this is kind of common, and with no known fix yet. We'll see what my dealership says. There has been some obvious cost cutting compared to previous models. Yes, the price dropped significantly; however, some cust may not be worth it; and may have been things that people would pay a little extra for.

The 3-level seat heaters are great. The mid-level setting is just perfect. I like that all 4 windows are one touch up/down. I like the operation of the touch screen stereo quite a bit too. Lastly, the trunk is sized and shaped well for a car of this overall size.

My Jetta stickered for $23,060 and does not have auto headlights or a multi-function trip computer that would include avg. fuel economy, distance to empty, instant fuel economy, etc...(you must step up to the SEL for this). I just don't get why these features are missing at this trim level. My Corolla S that stickered for nearly $2500 less has these features. Also, the seats no longer have a power adjustment for the seatback at this trim level. I can live without that though. The "upgraded" stereo with 6 speakers is WEAK. No real sound quality. The plastics have dropped in quality quite a bit. Some flashing is visible. Reminds me of GM and Chrysler plastics that were so common for years.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review