2011 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: New Owner

2011 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

S Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

New Owner
By excalibur4 on

2011 Volkswagen Jetta S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Just took delivery of a new Jetta 2.0 6 speed auto. Almost canceled the booking after doing my research and reading all the negative reviews on this car! Was concerned especially on the power output of only 115bhp compared to the Civic or even the City. But since using it for almost 2 weeks, the power delivery is good and unbelievable for an "outdated engine model". I reckon the engineers at VW did a good job. Bottom line, read the reviews from the end user who use it day to day instead of the pros who may test drive it for a couple of hours and form an opinion!

The car is value for money. For the price I paid, I am getting a 2.0L car with 6 speed auto box with Triptonic function and 6 airbags. This car is equipped with all round disc brakes. The built is better than the Civic. The car is roomy in the rear and comes with a rear blower and the kids love it. The sound from the car stereo - RC310 via the 8 speaker is super!

My only complain is the 6 speed gear box. Don't get me wrong. The drive is smooth but coz there are many gears the pick up may lag when you slow down and speed again. This maybe also because my car is only 2 weeks old and I have not pushed it yet! The base model does not have reverse sensors. For a car thats consider long, this should be standard.
By excalibur4
on 05/19/12 00:24 AM (PDT)

The car has been with me for a full year now. Completed the 1st service at 11,000km. The service interval was 15K or 1 year which comes first. Its amazing not servicing your car for 1 year and the car still runs good. My previous Toyota Corrolla & Honda Civic doe not come close. Loving the car. Still admiring the shape its better than most average lloking cars. Long distance consumption is amazing. Ran for 700km on a full tank at average speed of 110km/h. Amazing for an 8valve SOHC engine. My previous VVTI Corolla and VTEC Honda does not close to this mileage. Town driving is average at 450km.

By excalibur4
on 11/19/11 05:04 AM (PST)

The car has been with me for past 4 months and clocked 4,500kms. Have driven the car at 200km/h to test it. At this speed the car was still very stable. The long distance consumption has been about 600kms for a tankfull with average speed of 100km/h. Full town driving gives about 450km with average speed of 80km/h. Not bad for a 8 valve engine!