Loved it at first, not so sure now.
By kmck on
2011 Volkswagen Jetta SEL 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof (2.5L 5cyl 5M)
I posted a review previously (titled EXCELLENT car but not with a few caveats) and I've had a few issues in the year and a half since I've bought it. First, door seals were terrible and made squeaky noises and took 3 visits to fix. Alignment went awry and now my whole car vibrates and makes a loud noise when braking -- and I'm not even remotely a heavy-footed driver/braker. One of my window switches is loose, and the driver seat makes a clicking noise when going over bumps. I bought a new car so I could stay out of the service area for a while, what the heck VW?
Favorite Features
I still think the overall value is great, but not if problems keep arising. Regardless of how minor they are, I think having so many issues up front is not a very good sign of a reliable car. It makes me wonder where I'm going to be left in a year when my basic warranty expires.
Suggested Improvements
Build quality needs to be improved upon. Doors on brand new cars should not creak, brakes should not be making the car vibrate at only 13k miles, and buttons should not be coming loose in the car. The maps feature is still pretty awful and I hope they're able to make an update to the system soon.