2011 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Is this what I've heard so muc

2011 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

TDI Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo Diesel 6-speed Automated Manual)

Is this what I've heard so much about?
By colosteve on

2011 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I've owned my 2011 TDI about 4 months now and I like it. We immediately took it on a road trip (Colorado to Georgia) and it was comfortable and enjoyable. My normal daily driving is about 50 miles round trip. I drive on a curvy mountain road and it ahndles great. The inside is a little on the cheap looking side, but it is a lot for the money. I would have prefered to pay a little more and have a better quality inside. Other than not getting fog lamps it is equipped nice. Everyone I've know swears they get 50 MPG in their older Jetta...what changed. The best I've seen is 44, but it is usually closer to 40 mixed driving.

Bang for the buck, comfort and MPG. Even if it is only 40...it is still better than the 15 the suv it replaced.

Better interior. Fog lamps standard. Not pleased with the lip on the bottom of the front. It is low and out front by about 1 inch...begging to catch a curb or other obstruction. Would really like to know why the MPG is lower...are my friends stretching the truth about the 50? Door sill protection...there is too much exposed paint between the interior and the outside of the rocker panel...begging for scratches from draggin feet.
By maro71
on 08/16/11 17:21 PM (PDT)

I don't know about 50 but I was averaging 43 and 44 on our loaner and here in PA there's plenty of hills. They must have been on flat land.