2011 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: I love my 2011 Jetta

2011 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

SE Sedan (2.5L 5-cyl. 5-speed Manual w/Convenience)

I love my 2011 Jetta
By redsoxy on

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4d Sedan w/Convenience (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I think it is hard to rate build quality and reliability so early when a new car is released, however I do love this car. I had the 2002 Jetta (GLS w/ heated seats, moonroof and leatherette). I disagree that it looks cheap inside. It is definitely minimalist, but not cheap. I basically got the same features -heated seats, leatherette, moonroof and the upgraded radio. I also opted for another 5 speed because they are just more fun to drive in my opinion. The ride in this car is smooooooth! The backseat is so much bigger, which is great because I have a child (still in a car seat). My 2002 was so tiny in the back and cramped. This is really spacious. Nice improvement VW!

I am loving the dashboard and the radio- it sounds great. Sirius radio is a bonus. I never thought of getting it, but now that I have it, i love it. I love the fact that you can download your songs to the radio, and also connect your iPOD. The blue tooth is another feature that I wasn't looking for, but love.

I don't know a lot about the mechanics of cars, but I gather that the drum brakes rather than disc brakes is a downgrade. Also, the fact that the went to a solid axel instead of a dual. I guess time will tell how this effects the overall performance of my car. After driving my first Jetta for 9 years, I am hoping this is as great, if not better than my first.