Great bang for the buck
By cchamelin on
2011 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan w/Convenience (2.5L 5cyl 6A)
The build quality and comfort of this vehicle far exceeded my expectations, and cost significantly less than comparably equipped camrys, accords and elantras. In the short time we've had it, we've been very pleased. Engine noise is minimal, the sound system is excellent, and the overall handling is great. When in S mode, the extra responsiveness of the engine is clearly felt. Its like a family sized sports car. Haven't tried the Tiptronic mode yet, but can't wait for the opportunity. Though other reviews complain about the hard surfaces of the interior, I found that these were well done (not like cheap American hard surfaces) and were not a step down from the 2010 interior at all.
Favorite Features
My favorite convenience/comfort features are the V-tex leatherette seats, the lumbar support, and the radio/communications controls on the steering wheel. We haven't had cold enough weather yet to appreciate the seat warmers, but they seem to work well and I am sure I will be glad I have them.
Suggested Improvements
An armrest to be shared between the drive and front passenger would be greatly appreciated. All my other vehicles have had this, and I am so used to it, that it is a little uncomfortable without it. Also, it would be nice to have a bit more storage in the passenger cabin (underneath the seats?)