2011 Volkswagen Jetta 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - DONT BUY IT!!!!

2011 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

2011 Volkswagen Jetta S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

S Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

DONT BUY IT!!!!
By saabturbocoupe on

2011 Volkswagen Jetta S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

At first look, you may think that the jetta s is a great buy. For what your getting, and the price your paying, you'll probably think its a no brainer (if you like the new style). That was my mistake. I was looking for a car that was good on gas, didnt requier premium fuel, and was an overall good car. After driving this, I thought it was great. After 2 weeks, I now realize I made a terrible choice. Even with the manual transmition, this car is extremly slow, and shifts very clunky. When you use the wipers, something clicks when the wipers go up, and again when they go down. The seats arnt as comfortable as they first seem either. All I can say is, I miss my honda, will trade this in soon.

Favorite Features

I love the way the dash looks at night, with the blue radio and red controls. I think the front is extremely attractive as well. Overall I like the way the car looks inside and out, but Hate the way it drives.

Suggested Improvements

Make the seats more comfortable. The shifting should be a lot smoother, I thought I needed to just get use to it but I was wrong. The hill hugger does nothing but make you stall, or delay your start, which is actually the thing I hate most about the car. The car is soooooo slow, I could go faster in almost ANYTHING else. Also, its so annoying when it rains, with that electronic click from the wipers. I will definitely go back to honda, when I trade this in within the next couple months.