2011 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews 5

2011 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
2011, Asian in teutonic wolf garb!
By pzeiger on 05/13/11 14:20 PM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I am the proud owner of a 2009 TDI sedan. Am still in love with it after 3 years. It's a great car in every respect; refined, luxurious, fast, stable, gas miser. Went to test drive 2011 TDI. Have to say, changes for the worse. My car handles the same at 50 or 100. Had this car up to 80, felt dangerous, like the rear end was going to fly off. The 09 just gets low on the road when pressed and says give me more! I can handle it! The doors are half the thickness as 09/10 and sound like tin can upon closing. Interior is not as refined, but still better than Asian. Hoping that by the time I'm ready for new TDI, VW will have returned what their loyal customer base expects.

reliable
By kkingston57 on 05/10/11 05:31 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Have had car for 55K miles and still have original tires(Bridgestone Turanzas) getting 40+ MPG and drive conservatively. Have heard of people getting 50 MPG. Is this downwind?

Not Sure
By redadunes on 04/26/11 15:40 PM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan w/Convenience (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I just got the SE with convenience this Saturday. I have been shopping for a new car for 4 months and I test drove about 12 different models out there, I think the Jetta was best for the price. I am not sure about the reliability and resale value though, I hear horror stories about electrical problems and overall reliability. It was better than the Hondas, Kia, Ford, and hyundais for sure. The car looks nice, I don't understand the people making comments that the design is horrible? It drives well and it's well equipment for the money. I am having mixed feelings right now.

Sportwagen model excels
By oppai on 04/19/11 12:43 PM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Recently picked up a TDI Sportwagen discounted due to light exterior hail damage. So far I'm extremely impressed with the build quality, handling, responsiveness, and power of the TDI. While I can't compare the 2011 model to prior models, I still remain impressed with the upgrade it provides from my prior vehicle: 2002 Pontiac Grand Am. The wagen feels larger but is actually several inches shorter than the Grand Am. The DSG transmission is butter-smooth and relatively aggressive driving is still averaging 30+mpg (5 better than conservative driving on the Grand Am) The interior is suprisingly roomy as well; I'm 6'1'' 260 and don't feel cramped in the least. A long haul car.

Great Car All the Way
By xscoops on 04/18/11 18:50 PM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4d Sedan w/Convenience (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I just recently got my Jetta SE but love it! I have driven many different makes and models and for the cost the Jetta is certainly the best value. I was, like most, somewhat apprehensive after reading reviews about poor interior quality but took it upon myself to go investigate. After driving and seeing all the great features I was impressed and bought the car right after. Don't be swayed by any reviews until you have personally experienced the car for yourself!

Return of the People's car
By justin_w on 04/02/11 03:51 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have read a few reviews that knock VW for "Down Grading" the Jetta to make it more affordable, but I think VW is getting back to its roots. There is nothing down graded about the new Jetta. If anything the previous models were too up scaled for their demographic. I have owned a 1997 Jetta GLX which I had once read as being referred to as a poor manís BMW 3 Series. But the 2011 does not disappoint. When compared to other cars in its price point, the new Jetta takes all. I test drove a Kia that cost the same as my Jetta, and it truly felt like it was going to fall apart over every bump. With the Jetta that is not an issue. It really is great, for the price of good. This is VWs finest hour.

2011 Jetta TDI 6 spd MT
By mike18040 on 03/28/11 05:24 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I have owned my Jetta for 2 weeks and absolutely love it. I read the Edmunds review prior to purchasing and I don't agree that VW has made a cheaper car. I owned a 2006 TDI and also loved that car, but I believe the 2011 is even better. The interior is wonderfully designed and high quality compared to many other cars. The 6 spd manual is silky smooth and fun to drive. It handles like it's on rails. The fuel mileage is unbelievable for the power that you get too! The leatherette seats are of very high quality and look great. Overall, this car is worth every penny and is not cheaply built in any way. It seems like it should cost a lot more.

Value at a price!!
By sckcivic06 on 03/12/11 01:34 AM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SEL PZEV 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

When I first set eyes on this vehicle I was sold. My SEL is 4 months old now and I wanted to get a real feel for her before writing this review. The exterior styling is much better this time around then the previous generation. It doesn't look cute, it looks cleaner and more Audi A4 like. VW gets a plus here. The ride is firm yet still has enough cushion to endure the NYC roads. The 2.5L has good low end torque when it's needed for passing while the 6 speed auto handles the shifting solidly. The lay out of the interior has good fit and finish. The materials they used are on par with a Chevy Colbalt as cheap hard plastic. Rear seat room is more like a midsize and fits adults perfectly.

Step Backward
By sportwagentdi on 03/03/11 13:02 PM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

My wife and I currently own two Jettas (2009 SE and 2010 TDI Sportwagen) and had a 2011 Jetta SE as a loner. While the handling of the new Jetta was superior to the previous sedan, the interior quality was a huge step back from the older models. Everything inside is hard to the touch and very cheap feeling. I really like the exterior styling (wife does not), but the interior is a disappointment compared to VW's of the past. Even my father-in-laws 2004 Golf has a nicer interior feel...strange.

Really is Great for the price of good.
By 2011jettaowner on 02/24/11 05:51 AM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SEL 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I purchased the car as a company car replacement and have really enjoyed it so far. I have yet to have any problems and after reading all of the reviews in the car magazines I hesitated to buy the car. It was my first VW and all I kept hearing is how they cheapened the car. I did not look at the "S" model just the SELs and I was impressed with what you get in this mid-size feeling car. It has more seat room than the Impala it replaced and all the features are really great. The car is fun to drive and feels really solid. I asked everyone I saw driving a VW whether they would buy one again and without a doubt they said they would. Very loyal customer base.