Used 2011 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Lemon
By honestengine86

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SEL 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I purchased the vehicle new in nov/2010. "Sportline 2.5l" with every possible option. To this date it has been seen 16 times for warranty work. Totalling well over $3,800 (not including recalls) .. I’m terrified to own this car outside of a warranty. Cheap materials all throughout. enough said.

vw shouldnt cheap out on the little things

Ex Japanese buyer now German....
By cube69

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan w/Convenience, Sunroof (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

This is my first car that wasn't Japanese but I'm very happy I made the switch. The Jetta has more room than any other in its class. The doors close with a solid thud to let you know the difference in the quality and fit and finish of this car compared to others. The Jetta feels solid on the road with no excessive road noise like my Honda. I like the design of the Jetta which I feel will last with time. My next car will be VW, I like German engineering and safety.

Heated seats, styling and touch screen stereo.

Gear ratio on take off.

Lease or get an extended warranty
By klamp80

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have about 24,000 miles on my car. My engine light came on the other day and I am also having some electrical issues. The speakers fade in and out depending on whether I have the heat on or if I open a window. It's strange but not shocking since I know they are notorious for electrical problems. Up until now, I haven't had any issues with the car. Overall I don't dislike the car. The pickup is okay, I feel that it's a comfortable ride, and it handles well for me in terms of performance.

Loved it at first, not so sure now.
By kmck

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SEL 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I posted a review previously (titled EXCELLENT car but not with a few caveats) and I've had a few issues in the year and a half since I've bought it. First, door seals were terrible and made squeaky noises and took 3 visits to fix. Alignment went awry and now my whole car vibrates and makes a loud noise when braking -- and I'm not even remotely a heavy-footed driver/braker. One of my window switches is loose, and the driver seat makes a clicking noise when going over bumps. I bought a new car so I could stay out of the service area for a while, what the heck VW?

I still think the overall value is great, but not if problems keep arising. Regardless of how minor they are, I think having so many issues up front is not a very good sign of a reliable car. It makes me wonder where I'm going to be left in a year when my basic warranty expires.

Build quality needs to be improved upon. Doors on brand new cars should not creak, brakes should not be making the car vibrate at only 13k miles, and buttons should not be coming loose in the car. The maps feature is still pretty awful and I hope they're able to make an update to the system soon.

2011 jetta tdi nightmare
By davey_dcgr

2011 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

here is a list of issues. passenger door does not close right scratches car they told me it was fine but it is obviously not i bought door sills to protect it from more scratches for 200 dollars just for the door to destroy it! its all on that one door so its the car bad wind noise bluetooth has been replaced 3 times and if you are listening to music then get a call the phone disconnects. antenna fixed 1 time. deliverd with paint issues witch had to go to the body shop for and had wrong media system. cheap interior gps has had to be checked twice. engine part was recalled exaust tips were recalled sun roof sometimes wont close have to fiddle with it with warenty 40grand not worth it

Gas milage is amazing. Handles great. plenty of power quites engine for a diesel body is very nicely designed. cool features (when they work)

Everything