2011 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
2011 Jetta TDI
By alco_pa on 06/30/11 20:49 PM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Before you buy one better check the paint, mine has milky spots under the clear coat. I did not notice until I washed and waxed it. Look it over carefully... Too bad, I really was looking forward to a great car.

I'm in love with my 1st VW and with VW service.
By perezo72 on 06/26/11 07:31 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SEL 4dr Sedan w/Sport Package (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

After a year of researching and testing cars, but avoiding germans, since I always consider them to be out of my budget, I finally decided to give the VW Jetta a try. And oh my gosh! I was so impressed that I bought the car without even do any research on it (I really took a dive on this one) But the reality is, this car feels amazing, I mean, if you drive a Mazda 6, Camry, Honda, Hyudai, Kia, Ford focus, etc... and then drive a Jetta, all you can wonder is, how come this car compete in this class? I love the car! If the reliability is just as good, then this car should be in everybody's garage. Only time will tell. For the time been I have become a VW fan!

I should have bought a toyota
By bwilson50176 on 06/24/11 17:25 PM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my 2011 Jetta S 1 month ago. I have taken it in 4 times for a problem with 5th gear. Each time they dealership says that cannot recreate the problem (sometime there is resistance shifting into 5th and sometimes it will not shift into 5th all) Had to call VW corp just to get them to take it for more than a few minutes drive. Got a loaner right now. Waiting to hear back, I am sure they will say that can't find the problem. I love this car, but I should have bought a toyota,. VW is not the brand it once was and the people could care less about fixing a problem with a BRAND NEW car, the first time i took it in was less than a week after i got it. I would avoid VW like the plague

EXCELLENT car, but not without a few caveats.
By kmck on 06/11/11 15:44 PM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SEL 4dr Sedan w/Sunroof (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I bought this car after much deliberation and test driving numerous other models. This car is, by far, the best car for the money, and overall I love it. I have only a couple issues. 1) the car is pretty underpowered when the A/C is running. I like zippy, and would expect a little more zip, but it's still pretty good overall. 2) THE NAVIGATION SYSTEM. Dear Jesus. It's not terrible, per say, but it needs some bug fixing STAT. Sometimes trying to find a specific address is a pain. Oh, and the iPod connector supplied in the glove box is a little iffy at times. It lags when switching songs, every so often it will glitch and not play, but overall these are very small issues.

New Owner
By excalibur4 on 06/07/11 11:50 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

Just took delivery of a new Jetta 2.0 6 speed auto. Almost canceled the booking after doing my research and reading all the negative reviews on this car! Was concerned especially on the power output of only 115bhp compared to the Civic or even the City. But since using it for almost 2 weeks, the power delivery is good and unbelievable for an "outdated engine model". I reckon the engineers at VW did a good job. Bottom line, read the reviews from the end user who use it day to day instead of the pros who may test drive it for a couple of hours and form an opinion!

Best Value in the market!
By jfortino on 05/30/11 09:07 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan w/Convenience, Sunroof (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I am astounded by the value of this vehicle! The size of the vehicle, the performance and the features and options for the price can not be beat. Although it is not the most sexy car on the road, you will be hard pressed to find anything better! The drive of the vehicle is great, bluetooth, stereo included are outstanding!

League of it's own
By dc_volks_fan on 05/26/11 16:58 PM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan w/Navigation (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I believe that anyone who compares the features, size, interior space and gas mileage of this car against anything in it's class they must reach the same conclusion as I did - this car is a great value. I have never owned a Volkswagen and was immediately impressed by the build quality and study feel it presents while driving and yet - great handling grace when the occasion called for it. If you are considering a Civic, Accord, Camry, Fusion, Hyundai anything, please consider the Jetta TDI and judge for yourself!

Factory defects from factory
By luisdiaz on 05/14/11 21:14 PM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

Bought a new 2011 jetta se from day one car pulling and drifting to right. Dealer said it was out of alignment and rotated tires with only 250 miles on car. Still drives toward right side. Took in two more times, they said nothing they can about it. Tested another demo car same thing looks like a factory defect. Have filed for lemon law. Buyers beware of this factory problem it will eat your tires up. Miami, fflorida owner.

2011, Asian in teutonic wolf garb!
By pzeiger on 05/13/11 14:20 PM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

I am the proud owner of a 2009 TDI sedan. Am still in love with it after 3 years. It's a great car in every respect; refined, luxurious, fast, stable, gas miser. Went to test drive 2011 TDI. Have to say, changes for the worse. My car handles the same at 50 or 100. Had this car up to 80, felt dangerous, like the rear end was going to fly off. The 09 just gets low on the road when pressed and says give me more! I can handle it! The doors are half the thickness as 09/10 and sound like tin can upon closing. Interior is not as refined, but still better than Asian. Hoping that by the time I'm ready for new TDI, VW will have returned what their loyal customer base expects.

reliable
By kkingston57 on 05/10/11 05:31 AM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6AM)

Have had car for 55K miles and still have original tires(Bridgestone Turanzas) getting 40+ MPG and drive conservatively. Have heard of people getting 50 MPG. Is this downwind?

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Volkswagen Jetta in VA is:

$147 per month*