2011 Volkswagen Jetta Consumer Review: Luv my TDI

2011 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Review

Luv my TDI
By partymarty on

2011 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)

I purchased my TDI about three months ago, and I am extremely satisfied with all major aspects of the car; particularly the economy and performance of the Clean Diesel. However, I do have a few nitpicky quibbles: 1. There is no padding in the overhead storage compartment, so my glasses rattle when placed there. 2. I am getting used to the digital fuel gauge but I am still searching for some sort of engine temp gauge (I hate idiot lights!). 3. I am also still searching for the ACC setting on the ignition switch. 4. I wish I had adjustable lumbar supports on the front seats. 5. Why do I have to order a nav system to get optional fog lights? 6. There is a big blind spot in the left rear!

My favorite features are the snappy exterior styling, the crisp 6-speed manual tranny, the unbelievable performance and economy of the turbo diesel which seems to offer all the advantages of a diesel without most of the drawbacks (noise, smoke, odor, etc)., the capacious rear seating area, the sound and performance of the touch-screen radio, the taut handling (I like a firm ride), the lavish trim level of the TDI (I did not need to purchase any options), and the 3-yr/36K mile paid maintenance plan.

I would like to ditch the sunroof (which I rarely use) in exchange for the some or all of the items I listed previously. I feel this should be a cost-plus optional item for those who want one. The cost savings would more than make up for the paltry items which are missing.