2011 Jetta TDI 6 spd MT
By mike18040 on
2011 Volkswagen Jetta TDI 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbodiesel 6M)
I have owned my Jetta for 2 weeks and absolutely love it. I read the Edmunds review prior to purchasing and I don't agree that VW has made a cheaper car. I owned a 2006 TDI and also loved that car, but I believe the 2011 is even better. The interior is wonderfully designed and high quality compared to many other cars. The 6 spd manual is silky smooth and fun to drive. It handles like it's on rails. The fuel mileage is unbelievable for the power that you get too! The leatherette seats are of very high quality and look great. Overall, this car is worth every penny and is not cheaply built in any way. It seems like it should cost a lot more.
Favorite Features
6 speed manual, touch screen radio, leatherette seating, fold down seats, new design, powerful diesel engine.
Suggested Improvements
There are no small compartments for things like coins or sunglasses.
By ajpeters
on 05/14/11 18:56 PM (PDT)

I'm a little surprised you didn't find any interior quality difference between your 2006 and the 2011. We bought a 2010 just before the 11's came out. At my 10,000 mile service I walked around the dealer and sat in a couple 2011 Jettas. I found the interior plastics to be very hard and clicky and not the nice soft touch materials of the previous model. The doors don't shut as nicely and everything just feels cheaper. I'm glad you like your 2011 but I'll happily drive my 2010 until they up the quality once again.