2011 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:
Lease or get an extended warranty
By klamp80 on 02/26/13 07:46 AM (PST)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have about 24,000 miles on my car. My engine light came on the other day and I am also having some electrical issues. The speakers fade in and out depending on whether I have the heat on or if I open a window. It's strange but not shocking since I know they are notorious for electrical problems. Up until now, I haven't had any issues with the car. Overall I don't dislike the car. The pickup is okay, I feel that it's a comfortable ride, and it handles well for me in terms of performance.

2011 Jetta SE 2.5L Manual
By bob449 on 09/13/11 17:43 PM (PDT)

2011 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Purchased a 2011 Jetta SE with the 2.5L gas engine and manual transmission. Great car. Have about 9K miles on it and no problems at all so far. Engine is smooth due to the inline 5 cylinder design with great fuel economy...can get about 500 miles per 14.5 gallons on the highway (about 36-37 mpg) but much less on mixed and city driving (20-25 mpg). Good handling and suspension. Overall ride feels very well designed from both a powertrain and suspension/handling perspective. Roomy interior and large trunk space. Great location of interior convenience features (cupholders and storage). With the a/c on, the performance takes a huge hit and mileage suffers quite a bit, but to be expected.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan in NJ is:

$231 per month*