Used 2011 Volkswagen Jetta SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Volkswagen Jetta - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Jetta model:

Lease or get an extended warranty
By klamp80

2011 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

I have about 24,000 miles on my car. My engine light came on the other day and I am also having some electrical issues. The speakers fade in and out depending on whether I have the heat on or if I open a window. It's strange but not shocking since I know they are notorious for electrical problems. Up until now, I haven't had any issues with the car. Overall I don't dislike the car. The pickup is okay, I feel that it's a comfortable ride, and it handles well for me in terms of performance.

2011 Jetta SE 2.5L Manual
By bob449

2011 Volkswagen Jetta Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.5L 5cyl 5M)

Purchased a 2011 Jetta SE with the 2.5L gas engine and manual transmission. Great car. Have about 9K miles on it and no problems at all so far. Engine is smooth due to the inline 5 cylinder design with great fuel economy...can get about 500 miles per 14.5 gallons on the highway (about 36-37 mpg) but much less on mixed and city driving (20-25 mpg). Good handling and suspension. Overall ride feels very well designed from both a powertrain and suspension/handling perspective. Roomy interior and large trunk space. Great location of interior convenience features (cupholders and storage). With the a/c on, the performance takes a huge hit and mileage suffers quite a bit, but to be expected.

Favorite Features

Interior storage compartments, trunk space, smooth quality handling, suspension, and smooth powertrain. Drives very well with great mpg on the highway and decent in the city (without a/c running). Roomy front seat for taller person is appreciated. Love the red lights on the interior during night operation.

Suggested Improvements

Reduce the power required by the a/c system (a/c performs wonderfully but too much of a drag on the powertrain). Make standard such features as ipod/mp3 interfaces and navigation. Can't complain too much - nice engineering and build.